Welcome to the Rock Show

Start from the beginning

Blinky, rolling the dice, eased the serious tension. Y/N, F/N, Draal, and Aaarrrgghh!!!'s faces quickly changed to a relaxing one, enjoying their game. "This role-playing game is addictive," Y/N let out a small laugh. Blinky released the dice and got a double eight. "Ah! That strategy works." He moved the knight figure, Y/N smiled at Aaarrrgghh!!!, fist-bumping his arm, "You're on a killing streak today, Aaarrrgghh!!!. Nice one." Blinky nodded, "Indeed. Next time, I get to be the wizard." Aaarrrgghh!!! chuckled, and Y/N looked up when she heard footsteps upstairs. 

"Blinky!" Jim cried out his name in panic, Blinky turned to greet Jim, Claire, and Toby as they came down holding flour bags... that were drawn adorably and we're wearing baby diapers. "Ah! Master Jim."

Then Jim started telling them what happened, "Tobes was just attacked near his house by something." Y/N raised a brow and walked towards them, standing next to Blinky, "What thing?" Claire spoke up, trying her best to describe it, "It was like sludge, but smart. Smart sludge." That didn't help, but Claire tried her best. Blinky didn't get it either, "I'm concerned about this smart sludge, but more alarmed that you're stockpiling flour." He wrapped an arm around Jim's shoulder and pointed at the flour bag that almost looked like Claire and had Jim's hair. "Are you expecting a shortage?" Y/N looked at Blinky with a 'what the heck?' look.

"No, it's my baby!" He paused, glancing at Blinky. "It's for a health class. About babies," Y/N raised a brow at this. It's not strange, but it was interesting. "Ah! So, that's why they were always referred to it as a 'bun in the oven,'" Y/N shook her head as the other two trolls looked at her. Getting off-topic, Claire brought them back to it, scoffing a little, "No, this smart sludge, it was slime."

"Ate my rock collection." Blinky gasped and turned to Aaarrrgghh!!! as he let out a "Uh oh." Blinky turned to Toby to check something, "You didn't happen to have troll remains amongst your collection?" Toby slowly confirmed it. "Yeah, a piece of Bular. Why?"

Blinky looked to Draal, who looked to Aaarrrgghh!!!, as they let out a scared "oh," "uh," and "ooh," knowing this is a bad sign. "Stop with the looks! You always do that when you're hiding something," Jim said. And Jim was right; whenever there is bad news, they always make a look.

Draal let out an annoyed sigh, "Sounds like a gruesome to me." The three looked at him, confused. Claire asked him, "What's a gruesome?" Y/N answered for her when Blinky opened his mouth. "They feed off dead trolls. At the first signs of war, they gather to await the carnage. After the bloodshed, gruesomes would devour the troll remains left on the battlefield. They are the carrion of trolls." Everyone paused and stared at her with gaping looks. "What? I read the history books," Y/N shrugged, remembering when she read about them.

Toby shook his head and got back on track, "but there haven't been any battles in Arcadia. Why is there a gruesome here now?" Jim's voice was lowered in fear, "because Gunmar could be out." Blinky let out a long gasp and shook his head in disbelief, "I told you, Master Jim, that's impossible." Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder, and Toby's quivering voice didn't help, "first the blood goblins, and now this?" He and Claire shared a look of worry, "How do we know for sure?"

Blinky shrugged with uncertainty, "The odds are beyond minuscule, but we can investigate later. Currently, we have a gruesome task that must be dealt with." He made a punching gesture, "But how do we find it?" Jim asked with worry. Then Toby realized something and took a pamphlet out of his pocket, "What if my rock collection was just an appetizer? He could be going for the main course." He handed the pamphlet to Y/N. She looked at it and showed it to Blinky, who took it, "Look! The rock show at the museum! The jewel of the collection is some large piece that I swore looked like some troll's arm. A guy found it outside of town last week!"

Blinky turned his back to the group and raised the pamphlet up for better lighting. "Great Gorgus! That is a troll arm! Who could be so careless to lose an arm?" Putting down the pamphlet to show Draal with a nervous look, holding his hands together and looking back and forth at his friends, "Not mine," Y/N patted his arm, reassuring him. F/N hopped onto his shoulder from Aaarrrgghh!!!'s.