A nightmare

Y/N clashed her swords against Toby's warhammer, making him tumble back and land on his butt. "Oh! Aww..." Y/N grinned and reached a hand out to him and he grabbed her hand, pulling him up. "Why are you so good at beating our butts?" Toby points at Claire and Jim, who sat on the sidelines, exhausted except for Jim who was the only was used to it. F/N sat on top of Claire's head clapping.

"I had a few weeks of training before you guys came and after that, I had magic training. And of course more physical training." Y/N shrugged and looked at the time on her phone. "Hey, it's time to take you guys to school." The three nodded and stood up following the girl out. F/N went over to Y/N rubbing his head against her neck. "Thanks for always taking us to school, Y/N."

Y/N smiled and they left Trollmarket, headed to her car, and drove to Arcadia High. She dropped them off and drove off back to Trollmarket to help Blinky look into more of Angor Rot in the library before she came to school.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Blinky had found a book and placed it on the table and read through a page. Aaarrrgghh!!! was looking straight at the bookshelf, more like the wall. F/N  As Blinky glanced at the book, Aaarrrgghh!!! had slowly turned to his friend, no longer facing the wall.

"I fear Master Jim is in far more danger than we imagined." Y/N turned away from a book she was holding and walked over to Blinky. "What is it?" Y/N leaned over his shoulder to get a closer look, "According to the Gloomanac, Angor Rot made a Faustian bargain."

"Faustian?" Aaarrrgghh!!! asked. "With whom?" Y/N asked the big question. Blinky shrugged, it didn't seem to say who made a deal with Angora Rot. "In exchange for his magnificent sorcery, he cursed his soul into a single ring, the Inferna Copula."

A detailed picture of the ring was shown, sketched on a page, and surrounded by Trollish writing. F/N crawled over the page and looked at the picture. "Mm, picture. Helpful." Y/N nodded and took a picture. "Whoever bears it, controls him. Aaarrrgghh, it says here that Angor's been stealing the souls of Trollhunters in a blasphemous attempt to fill the void ever since."

As Blinky spoke, Y/N took a quick picture, "At least we know what to look for. Strickler probably has it since he's the one who made Angor go after Jim." Y/N turned her attention over to Aaarrrgghh!!! had let out a soft grunt, wincing before he checked his wound, when Blinky had gone silent, the vast troll dropped his arm, looking at Blinky who hadn't even looked his way.

"You don't have to hide it from me. I might only have two eyes, but I can see clear as day. It's obvious." Blinky said, turning to face his troll friend, Aaarrrgghh!!! not even bothering to look at him as if he had figured out the truth. "Ever since my human deformity, you have been distant."

"Uh... Yes. Distant." Aaarrrgghh!!! said, quickly following up on the lie. Glad that Blinky hadn't discovered that he was dying but he glanced at Y/N who held a sterning look. She didn't believe his act for a second.

"I may look different, but I'm still the same Blinky. How about, to cheer you up, maybe later today, I could rent a mini-van, we could go for a drive? Something with tinted windows, of course. I hear we're not too far away from the World's largest thermometer. I bet you could eat it." Blinky smiled as he shared his idea. Aaarrrgghh!!! groaned and turned, stepping away as he spoke.

"Mm, not today." Blinky watched with sadness, his heart tearing. "Perhaps another time, my dear friend." Y/N looked at Blinky with a frown and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Blinky, I don't Aaarrrgghh!!! is distant because of your new form. He still sees the troll Blinky in his eyes. I'll see what's up with him." Blinky smiled gratefully at the girl.

"Come on F/N." F/N hopped off the book onto her stretched-out hand, putting him on her neck and they followed Aaarrrgghh!!! behind.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-