Magic Bridge Heist

Start from the beginning

"No, no, no, no, no!" Y/N quickly grabbed the book from his chubby hands and walked over to the table as Toby squashed the scorch beetles, making a fart noise. Y/N placed it down and moved over so Blinky could scavenge through the pages. He blew away some dust and started mumbling, "Now, where is it? Where is it?" 

Toby continued killing them, hopping to Aaarrrgghh!!!, he stopped in front of his wingmen and looked at the ticking amulet. He turned to Blinky and Y/N as they looked through, "Why would a book about the thing that killed Aaarrrgghh!!! help us now?"

"Because, Toby, if we can uncover who created the poison, maybe we can find the one who holds the antidote." Y/N explained and Blinky let out a cheer, "Aha!" Y/N looked at the page he was on and smiled but frowned immediately. "What?"

Blinky then looked down holding his chin when he looked at the page, "Oh, no, grumbly gruesome." Toby lifted his arms as if to say which side, "Is that good news or bad news?" Y/N and Blinky looked at each other and he held the book, "It's more of a bad thing and the only good thing was the antidote. Soooo... Both."

Blinky then started explaining, "It was created by the ancient guild of changeling spies, as old as they are mysterious. If you're fortunate enough to find a member, you'll unfortunately find death. Where they walk, footsteps disappear. They are the Janus Order." Toby had his jaw dropped a little, letting out a hasp, but a scorch beetle surprised him, appearing from his shoulder and he quickly killed it. 

Blinky sighs, "If the cure for Aaarrrgghh!!! lies with the Janus Order, it may as well lie with your... Easter Bunny." He stood in front of Aaarrrgghh!!! and looked at his friends and shrugged, looking down and staring at Aaarrrgghh!!!. Toby tried to cheer him up. 

"Hey, what was all that about finding hope when things are hopeless? We'll find a way." He smiled at Blinky and Vendel's voice startled them. "Find a way to what, exactly?" Y/N nodded her head at him as the two flinched and turned to the elder troll. Blinky skidded in front of him, stopping in his tracks, to stop him from walking towards the book that lay open, "We were just tidying up! This place is a disaster, per usual."

Blinky immediately put the books away, as Vendel spoke with a warning, "Need I remind you, after yesterday's incident, the Tribunal has you three on my strict probation. Out with it!" He tapped his staff and glared at the three. Toby sighed and looked at Aaarrrgghh!!!, Just... looking for a miracle to save my wingman.

Vendel turned to the frozen Aaarrrgghh!!!, "So, you aren't meddling with the Tribunal's edict to bury Killahead Bridge where no troll nor mortal can ever find?" Blinky and Toby's eyes widen at the news. "They're moving the bridge?!" Y/N looked at the two, right she and Claire didn't have a chance to tell them yet. 

"No, but we need--" then Claire appeared around the corner cutting Toby off "...to move on without Jim. Don't worry, Vendel. We've accepted the Tribunal's decision." Claire stood beside Blinky bowing her head down, Y/N following and Claire nudged Blinky, who smiled and Toby not getting it. 

"Wait, we have?" Y/N nudged him, "We have, we have." He and Blinky nodded, and Vendel accepted their white lie. "I wish it were different, but, to go against the Elder Word, is to court treason, war."

"Jim put more than himself in danger by going into the Darklands. We all have to live with the consequences." Claire spoke, and Y/N smiled at her little act. "Very well. Tidy away." With that, Vendel walked away. Once he was out of sight and earshot, Blinky cried out. "Great Gizmodius, they're taking the bridge! How will we rescue Master Jim now?"

Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry, Claire and I saw this coming." Claire nodded and recalled last night's plan, "I had NotEnrique stow away in one of the crates when the pieces were shipped out. That way, I'll have an emotional anchor." The. Toby jumped in excitement.