Y/N followed Aaarrrgghh!!! to the Hearthstone to see Vendel.  Aaarrrgghh!!! never really went to see Vendel much, but why now? She snuck inside, hiding around the corner listening in. "Your fears are true. You've been nicked by Creeper's Sun poison and you're turning to stone." Y/N's eyes widened at the news. F/N chirped at her face.

"You have medicine?" She heard Aaarrrgghh!!! ask. " To slow it, yes. To cure it...regrettably, no. Sooner or later, the poison will overtake you." Aaarrrgghh!!!'s face fell at the news. "Mmm, how long?" 

"Weeks. With treatment, a few months." Vendel handed him the bottle of medicine. "You need to tell your friends."

"No!" Aaarrrgghh!!! quickly yelled out. "No?" Vendel repeated a bit shocked.  "Don't want Toby to know." Y/N's face fell, she could already imagine Toby's broken look if he heard about Aaarrrgghh!!! He let out a deep breath, Vendel supporting his decision.

"I understand. Then this will be our secret." Vendel put a supporting hand on Aaarrrgghh!!! the elder troll giving off a small smile, and then Y/N and F/N came out of their hiding spot. "So, that's what you were hiding from us, Aaarrrgghh!!!" The two trolls faced the girl, who held a sad look as she walked closer to them.

"Eavesdropping are we, Y/N?" Vendel scolded the girl but she pushed it off and stared at Aaarrrgghh!!! who looked down, guilty and was caught red-handed, nodded sadly. Y/N sighed as she placed her hand on his injured arm. "May I see?" Aaarrrgghh!!! hesitated and nodded.

He lifted his arm up and she saw clearly the injury, the injury was glowing slightly purple. She gasped softly at the injury, F/N chirped sadly, hopped off Y/N's shoulder, and crawled over to Aaarrrgghh!!!'s leg. The brute opened his palm on his other hand and the lizard climbed on, chirping sadly at the troll.

Aaarrrgghh!!! only gave them a small smile and looked at Y/N who slowly walked up and touched the scar, gently running under it. She removed her hand and she could feel tears running in her eyes. "Y/N don't cry." Aaarrrgghh!!! tried to calm her as Y/N sniffled and rubbed the tears away. "How could I not when I know one of my friends is dying soon?" Y/N jumped to the brute with a hug.

Aaarrrgghh!!! patted her back gently. Vendel walked towards them and replaced Aaarrrgghh!!!'s hand with his. "I know it is difficult, Y/N. But, there is no cure." Tears started spilling and Y/N continued to hold her dear friend, the one who always helped them, the one who always was interested in the world, the one who would fight alongside them to fight Gunmar.

"This can't be happening." Y/N cried until they ceased, was there nothing they could do?

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Aaarrrgghh!!! told Y/N to go to school, they walked to the exit, they were silent throughout the walk only their footsteps tapping against the crystal staircase, Y/N, and Aaarrrgghh!!! didn't speak a word, F/N stayed on Aaarrrgghh!!!'s shoulder until they reached the top. The exit opened and Y/N stepped out she turned to Aaarrrgghh!!!, "I'll see you later, Aaarrrgghh!!!" He smiled at her and waved, she waved back and the portal closed.

Y/N stared at the wall before her, F/N looked at his friend and tapped her cheek with his paw. Y/N smiled a bit bitterly. "I'm fine. I'm fine." She crossed her arms but the shakiness of her voice and the fear were evident enough that she was not okay.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N arrived at her school. She didn't look alright right now, after finding out devastating news. "Y/N?" She turned to Douxie looking at her with worry. He walked up to her and placed a hand on her back. "You alright, love?" Y/N nodded but didn't convince him.

"You're not alright, Y/N. You should go rest in the nurse's office. I'll take you." Y/N shook her head, "I can go there myself, I just... I just need to be alone right now." As she walked to the nurse's office as Douxie watched her with worry. She played with her necklace, fiddling with the gem. Its light glowed dimly. She didn't notice a small bright light following her, giggling.