A new girl on the team

Start from the beginning

Claire ran off Toby chasing after her. "Maybe now's not the best time." Claire then stopped when she heard another voice cry out a chant, she looked over to see Y/N practicing, "Noisolpxe Tsorf!" (Frost explosion) the dummy before her, froze over and quickly exploded. Claire and Toby jumped but Y/N wasn't phased and Draal clapped for her performance. "Well done, Y/N. You getting better and stronger every day."

Y/N chuckled, "Thank you Draal." Claire awed at the girl and asked Toby without looking away. "Woah... Was that magic?" Toby chuckled beside her, "Yep! That's Y/N. You met her at the hospital and she's like a big sister to us all. And by the way, she's Vendel's favorite. Draal is like her brother to her. But, let's officially introduce you guys. Hey, Y/N!"

Y/N turned to Toby and waved at him and walked towards them, "Hey Tobes. Hello Claire. It's nice to see you again." Y/N stretched her hand out for a handshake and Claire chuckled returning the favor. "Nice to meet you. And wow! What you did just now was amazing! Magic actually exists!"

Y/N chuckled, "Believe me. I was as surprised as you are. And here's a welcoming gift." Y/N raised her hands above her hand as she chanted, "Srewolf fo teuquob a erialc tfig." (Gift Claire a bouquet of flowers) A bouquet appeared in the air and fell into Claire's arms. She and Toby were awed at the magic. "Wow! That was amazing!"

Y/N giggled and placed her hands on her waist and thanked Claire for the compliments. "Draal and I will be training soon and--" suddenly a mechanism rose from the ground it was the Soothscryer and all of a sudden the platforms rose and suddenly the three were lifted off the ground. Toby tried to run to Aaarrrgghh!!! and suddenly the platform he landed on flipped and Toby held onto the edge.

A rumble shook the area making Claire and Y/N fall. "Claire, Toby, are you two alright?!" Claire nodded and Toby shouted a 'no'. Then Jim and Blinky arrived at the scene. "Claire! Y/N!" The two lifted their head. "We're fine for now. Help him!" Claire pointed to a panicked.

"I swear, I didn't touch anything!" Toby said. While Jim watched his friends desperately, Draal had tried to turn it off but his arm couldn't be registered. "The controls!" He slammed his metal hand against the button but it didn't turn off, "This blasted arm!"

Blinky pointed to the way top, the Soothscyer sitting there, waiting with an open mouth. "There's a manual kill switch inside the Soothscryer! Go, Master Jim!" Jim donned his armor, running to a swinging axe. He easily jumped onto it and then landed on the rising and falling platforms. Toby was being raised as Jim ran at him, the platform stopping harshly and causing him to bounce off, only to hang over the edge.

Jim gasped as Toby heard a familiar clink, an axe falling from its hold and swinging right to Toby. The axe was getting too close for comfort, but before it could pierce the chubby boy, Jim had pulled him back up. "Thanks, Jimbo. You make it look so easy."

The platform that Claire and Y/N were on, began to turn to cause them to climb up it and hang off the edge as well. "Okay, we can use your help now." Y/N wanted to use her magic but something stopped her. 'What's wrong with me?' she thought to herself on why she kept hesitating.

"Aaarrrgghh!!!" Jim called and pushing Toby off the ramp, the boy screaming but landing in Aaarrrgghh's arms like a baby. "Hey!" Aaarrrgghh!!! easily caught Toby in his arms, "Gotcha." As soon as Toby was safe, Jim headed to the very large metal belts and climbed up them, right to the Soothscryer. "I'm coming! Just hold on!"

"Turn it off!" Claire shouted at Jim. She then began to slip and Y/N held her arm. Fortunately, Jim had made it to his destination, stabbing the stone with his sword and using it as a stool to reach the mouth of the carved Troll head. He looked at the teeth that rotated viciously and without thinking, shoved his hands inside. The gears below the girls were grinding as Claire had lost her grip on one hand. Jim kept working with the Soothscyer, shoving himself almost inside. Claire gasped as her hand was about to slip while up above, Jim's eyes grew as the teeth had stilled and the machine died.

Claire's grip finally faltered, plummeting to a painful death, Y/N tried to catch her but failed, however, Jim had shut it off in time, the platforms straightening out and stopping her from sliding and Y/N moved her hand away before it got crushed. The gears stopped turning and the axes stopped swinging. Once the arena went back to its normal position, the gang ran to the girls and helped them stand.

"Is this normal?" Drall immediately helped Y/N up making sure she was okay. "Nothing's normal around here. Get used to it, sister." Above, the six eyes of the Soothscyer began to glow, the blinding light catching everyone's attention. Jim with a bit of fear looked inside the glowing Soothscryer, the gang below him gasping as the light grew brighter.

"It's calling to him, at last," Blinky said, proud of the moment. The light was too bright, causing Claire and them to shield their eyes, a ringing noise occurring as well. Jim went eye-wide before screaming as he was sucked inside the machine. The light and ringing dying down. When everyone looked where Jim was last standing, Toby called out for his missing friend. "Jim? Jim? Jim?"

"No Jim." Aaarrrgghh!!! stated. "What do you mean, 'No Jim'?" Claire asked, reaching her hand up for him. "There was definitely a Jim." Blinky's hands closed together as he couldn't help but smile. "He has been summoned." Y/N face-palmed. "You are too happy about this."

The group waited for a while the trolls and Y/N had more patience while Claire and Toby were in a panic crisis. "What do you mean, he's in the Void? The Void sounds like a very empty word. A bad word." Claire said angrily. "Yeah. And are these happy ghosts we're talking about here, or soul-sucking poltergeists?"

They will not suck his soul. They will merely peer into it. He is now under the spiritual guidance of Master Trollhunters." Draal had stood beside Blinky, Aaarrgghh!!! and Y/N who looked at him as he explained. "Ghost guidance counselors? Jim gets all the cool stuff." Toby said with a hint of jealousy.

Blue poured from the cracks in the floor, causing Toby and Claire to back up, Jim's body appeared from the blue smoke, and his fists balled as he groaned. Finally free from the void, Jim fell to the ground, his butt landing on the ground. His friends ran to him. "Hey! You're back from the other side, dude!" Toby said happily.

"Wow! So trolls and ghosts exist. What's next? A Midsummer Night's Dream? Fairies?" Claire joked as Jim held his head as Blinky nicely scoffed as he took the fairies part seriously. "Fairies? Preposterous! Fairies lost the war to the pixies centuries ago." Blinky exclaimed and Y/N cringed, "Ooh, R.I.P faires."

"What did they say?" Blinky looked at Jim. "They said they won't stop us." Draal immediately asked about Kanjigar. "What would my father stop you from?" Jim locked eyes with everyone and then looked down. "From going into the Darklands. But if we're going in, they said the only way we're getting out alive is if we kill Gunmar. And with Strickler gone, maybe we have a chance."

After that small fiasco, it was time for everyone to go home. Y/N arrived home and saw a note on the table. "'Will be staying over at a friend's hmm. Out on patrol, Douxie?" Y/N chuckled softly and put the note down. She went into her room and sat on her bed. Y/N was nervous. After a month of Bular's death and Strickler gone she fears for the worst. But with Jim having his friends have his back was enough for her to calm down.

She looked at the gem that hung around her neck. The most important question, she keeps repeating to herself. "I really want to know who you are, Douxie Casperan. Are you also...?"

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*