Fate's Will

**Hey! This is an idea I came up with originally, and had a huge helping hand lent by my best sister, Cheryll. She helped describe all 4 of the main characters, and even gave me plot ideas! This story WILL change POV's at points, which you should be no stranger to if you read my other stuff. This will start off as Lydia's POV! Happy reading! ~Author-chan**

I awoke to the sun peeking through my curtains, just enough to land on my face. Forcing my eyelids apart, it took me a full minute to notice there was music in the distance. Throwing my legs out from the covers, I rubbed my eyes and trudged over to the window. Throwing the curtains open, I focused my hazel eyes on the people walking through the streets, all going towards the town square. Energy instantly began flowing through my veins and excitement took over. Today was the start of the Summer Solstice, and the festival was my chance to prove myself worthy of attending the Order of Magi.

Throwing on my performers outfit I'd made with my mom, I practically slid down the stairs and into the kitchen. No one was home, since my dad was an Archmage in the Order of Magi, and my mother was a seamstress for the Royal Family. I used my magic to pour some milk, then chugging it, and running out the door. The Summer Solstice festival was one of the biggest of the year, and the first of 2 opportunities to once more attempt to prove myself to the Order. It was the highest select group of mages in all of Faliene, only those chosen by the Grand Master himself were allowed in, and getting noticed was rigorous.

"Welcome to all! Garigill's largest celebration festival of the season is upon us!" A nearby crier announced as I rounded a corner into the square.

"Wow, these crowds are insane already." Someone by me complained, which sparked an idea.

I put my palms out, arms at my side. Channeling the spell, I whispered a command, and poof! I had my own personal cloud to ride around on. Once I'd hopped on, people below me stared in awe. I rose just high enough above everyone to be met with other races who had their own means of flying. Shades with their shapeshifting, Liyn with their wings, and so on. The festivals were my favorite time. Seeing all the races together with minimal struggles was a sight for sore eyes. I smiled at the Elves serving Shades, and Liyn laughing with Humans.

Once I'd arrived at one of the Main Stages, I jumped off my cloud and sent it to the sky with a rush of wind. As I turned around, several other aspiring mages bustled around behind the stages curtains. As expected, I've never been the only one trying to get the attention of the Grand Master. Shuffling amongst the handful of people, I made it to the main director, a High Mage from the Order of Magi. She turned and smiled at me, as we bowed to each other.

"Lydia, it's good to see you. As you know, this stage will be showing its main event earlier than expected. Our opener girl cancelled, so I had a proposition for you." My director, Gaelin, smiled at me.

"Yes, High Mage. What do you need me to do?" I asked, pinning some hair behind my ear. Truth is, I didn't know we were starting early, so I'm glad I got here.

"I would like for you to do the intro performance this year. Keep in mind though, you'll have to do a closer for each day as well." My body wanted to burst with happiness, but I kept myself under control.

"On my honour. I'd love to." I bowed, going to stand behind the curtain so I'd be prepared when they opened.

Over and over in my head, I told myself not to worry. But my palms were sweaty and shaking from anticipation of the opening show, and I could barely contain it. I waved my hand slightly to part the curtains, taking a quick peek at the people who had gathered in the standing and minimal sitting space in the front of the stage. I waved the curtains closed, taking in a deep breath and momentarily closing my eyes. This is your chance, Lydia. I reassured myself. This will be the year you're noticed by the Order.