Chapter Six: The Letters

Start from the beginning

Eternity is a long time, so I might see you sometime in the future, but until then have a nice life, Rebekah.

Best Wishes,

Hope Andrea Mikaelson

————————————————————————

Mother,

It was once said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. I find that statement to be incorrect, for you never truly love me. Let me amend my previous statement if you did love me you never showed it.

As a child it was subtle, you would never notice unless you were looking at it. There was obvious favoritism and it hurt more than you will ever know.

I have questioned myself worth for years. I will never had a mother to reaffirm that I too, had value in this world.

I was raised by Uncle Elijah, Uncle Kol and Aunt Davina, with help from Keelin and Marcel. Davina helped me make every single flower crown I made for you for Mother's Day. She helped me put a spell on the flowers so they would never die. You never acknowledged them once.

You consistently allowed my sister to get away with things that weren't right. In your eyes, Jillian was perfect and I was not. As as child, that was hard to accept and it still is hard to accept at the age of sixteen.

I know it won't make much of a difference whether or not I'm here because I'm just not worth caring about I guess.

Maybe in the future, we'll reconnect but at this point, to protect my mental and emotional state you are officially cut out of my life.

Best Wishes,

Hope Andrea Mikaelson

————————————————————————

Father,

Always and forever. A sentiment that was to be shared with everyone in the family. I admit that I was not a part of that sacred vow.

Daughters are supposed to think well of their father's. I honestly don't know what to think of you. Once upon a time, you promised to be there for me, to love me, to include me in the vow of always and forever; but that didn't happen.

I know that you really didn't want to be a father, well not to me at least. You always said you never wanted to like Grandpa Mikael and for Astrid you aren't. To me, you are actually worse than him, because he actually used to show you attention while it's like I don't even exist.

One day we'll meet again but that won't be for a very long time. So consider yourself cut off from my life.

Best Wishes,

Hope Andrea Mikaelson

————————————————————————

Astrid,

Well dear sister, you don't have to worry about me anymore. I am now out of your hair for good. You can now forever have your way when it comes to Niklaus and Hayley.

I don't really have much else to say to you, other than have a nice life. Maybe we'll meet again one day but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Best Wishes,

Hope Andrea Mikaelson

————————————————————————

Dear Uncle Elijah and Uncle Kol,

Both you and I properly said our goodbyes so pretend this letter is really sappy. I'm just kidding but I wanted to say I'm going to miss you, and I will hopefully see you soon. Thank you for always looking out for me. Take care of Auntie V and treat her like the queen she is.

Love,

Your Firecracker

————————————————————————

Dear Auntie V,

We have already said our goodbyes, so pretend this is heart wrecking. I'm only teasing but this is my opportunity to say that I'm really going to miss you and we'll hopefully see each other soon. Thank you for helping me with all of that girl stuff. Tell Uncle Elijah and Uncle Kol he better treat you like a queen.

Love,

Your Firecracker

————————————————————————

Dear Aunt Keelin,

Goodbyes and tears have already been spent, but I need you to play pretend. I miss you already and I cannot wait until we are reunited once again. I'll be in contact soon. Thank you for being family to me even though you didn't have to be. I'll hopefully see you soon!

Love,

Your Firecracker

————————————————————————

Dear Marcel,

We had to say goodbye big brother, and it hurt a lot. I'll be in contact soon. I'll make sure Grant get in contact with you too. Thank you for being the best big brother in the whole world. No matter what anyone says you are family. I'm going to miss you. I love you, Marcie.

Love,

Your Firecracker