𝐓𝐖𝐎

Adrien tries to still himself, resisting the urge to squirm under the pirate's cold gaze as he takes a shaky inhale, remaining quiet.

"A lost little mermaid, all alone without his school," the brunette sighs though it is more taunting than sympathetic. "How did a pretty thing like you wind up in a place like this?"

The ginger remains quiet still, too scared to say anything as he tries to shrink back, hoping the pirate will just get bored and decide to stop pressing him. He doesn't seem too keen on giving up however, pressing the blade of his long sword more firmly against the merman's neck earning a fearful whimper out of the terrified creature.

The pirate chuckles darkly at this, pulling back his sword slightly as he allows Adrien a second to breathe.

"Oh, I like you already," he goes back to his taunting, circling around his captive menacingly as his sword scapes against the floorboards. "I think I'll keep you for awhile, you'd make great entertainment and an even prettier trophy..."

"No!" Adrien yelps out before he can even think, nerves seizing him as he tenses and the words die in his throat.

The pirate raises his brows, smiling in amusement and surprise. "Use your words, darling."

The ginger's lip trembles as he takes in a deep breath before saying evenly: "Just throw me back in."

"Into the ocean?" The pirate asks, his tone an indecipherable mix between curiosity and disbelief. "If you want to die I can take care of that for you quite easily, doll. But I'm afraid you may not know these waters as well as you think, you don't stand a chance against the sharks around here."

Aiden grits his teeth, looking fiercely up at the pirate. If he wants to get out of this situation he knows he'll need to intimidate the pirate captain, carve out a little ounce of respect from these damn glorified fishermen.

"I'm surprised a bunch of pirates don't know anything about sirens," the ginger raises his brows, giving the pirate a cold look.

He sees him waver slightly under his cold gaze, his confidence faltering as he averts his eyes from the ocean blues of the merman.

"Good bluff," the pirate scoffs looking Adrien up and down as though trying to size him up. "Too bad I know enough to know that siren blood died out years ago."

The ginger smirks, unwilling to back down from the pirate. "You really think siren blood is so easy to wipe out? You truly believe your people could kill off mine?"

The brunette male takes a step back slightly, seeming to come to his better judgement a bit as he turns his back on the merman and goes to address his men.

"Just put him in the brig for now, we'll let Uma decide what to do with him," the pirate scoffs, glancing back over his shoulder at the young merman.

He orders a couple men to cut Adrien loose from the net, though the sense of freedom is rather short lived as he has only been out of the net for less than five minutes before he is cuffed up down in the lower deck of the boat, left alone to his own devices in the dark cell.

His anxiety begins to run a bit higher now that he is all on his own, left to the darkness and quiet of the rocky ship as his mind begins to run wild. He isn't exactly used to being in danger like this, living a pretty sheltered lift back home in Atlantica and then once more at Auradon. He doesn't like to think of himself as some helpless royal, though he has led a pretty privileged and rather uneventful life.

Dealing with villains and pirates is something he isn't exactly prepared for, and though he supposes it's a good sign that his captor seems more eager to keep him around for a bit than just kill him on sight, Adrien isn't exactly sure he wants to stick around here for very long. Even if it does seem a better alternative than burial at sea.