(Episode-2) Third Person

Start from the beginning

Who killed the Mayor and why?
Who was the intruder and why did he try to kill him?
Why was the butler hesitant to answer their questions?
Who killed the butler?
These questions arose in James's mind.

An hour later, Jacob and Harry arrived at Mrs Rosevelt's place. Upon arriving, they discussed the details of the mystery.

"That's certainly intriguing." Started Jacob. "The butler was killed in the like manner as James was attacked, and on the same day. It is very hard to believe that it was a coincidence."

"He knew his name as well, James, being a very anti-social creature, I doubt that there are many people who know him." Said Courtlyn.

"Do you think that the butler had connections with the intruder?" Asked Harry.

"That's likely but If the intruder had known the Butler then why did he kill him?" Pondered Courtlyn.

"What if a third person is involved in this situation?" Asked James, out of curiosity.

"So you're telling that somebody hired an assassin to kill the Mayor and the Butler, fearing that you might unravel the truth, he attempted to kill you?" Questioned Jacob, trying to connect the dots.

"Exactly, he had beset the assassin to kill the Mayor and the Butler. Besides, public officials have enemies everywhere." Reasoned James.

"This has taken a complicated turn, We don't even know who might be the culprit." Said Courtlyn, telling her concerns.

"The best thing to do would be to leave it for now." Advised James.

"That would be the best for now, In the coming month, we will be having our exams, so I don't think we will get enough time to search for the clues." Said Harry, siding with James.

A week had passed, and it seemed that everyone had forgotten about the mayor. On the first of April, the new Mayor of Ravellie was announced. His name was Cyrus Elrod, an assistant of Julius and one of his companions moreover his best chap.

James had recovered from his injury and they had gotten along with their daily lives.

The next day after the new Mayor was announced, James was coming home back from his college, when he met someone special.

"Excuse me, are you Mr. James Wilson?" A voice came from behind him.

As he turned around, he saw a boy who looked to be around 18 or 19 years old. He had striking cyan-coloured eyes that seemed to hold an entire galaxy in them, and wore a casual black loose sweatshirt, with a silver chain around his neck.

James, surprised by the boy's sudden appearance asked, "Yes, but who are you?"

The boy replied, "Well, I'd like to talk to you. Why don't we go to the cafe over there?" and pointed towards a nearby roadside cafe.

Feeling a bit confused but curious, James agreed, and they both walked towards the cafe and sat down on a bench just beside it.

"Sorry for the late introduction. My name is Sebastian Garcia, the son of the late mayor," he introduced himself to James.

James couldn't believe that he was sitting in front of Sebastian Garcia, Julius's son. It was a surreal moment for him.

"I'm James Wilson," he replied, still in disbelief.

"I know about you. I heard about you from Joseph," Sebastian continued.

James was appalled and asked, "Isn't he dead?"

"Yes, he is dead. Although he acted very strangely during his last days," Sebastian replied.

Curious James asked, "Like what?"