03

The bell rings, signaling the end of the lunch break.

William sighs. I've lost track of time, it's a first

You felt disappointed with having to part from him now and yet hoped that you would get to see him again, the soonest possible. You spent the whole afternoon thinking about him as you arranged the books in the library. You couldn't help it. You were infatuated.

You were efficiently arranging the books until you held a plain scarlet, leather-covered book, it reminded you of his eyes, the glistening of his scarlet orbs peeking through his golden blonde hair. You feel your cheeks go warm as you recall your small interactions with him.

Just as the classes end, you can hear the chatter and noises in the halls echo through the walls and into the empty library. Then the wooden door creaks open just as the echoes fade. Like earlier that day, you stood up and were greeted by William's polite smile.

 Like earlier that day, you stood up and were greeted by William's polite smile

"Miss Bell," he greeted you gentlemanly. "How has your day been?"

"Like the usual, honestly, quite tiring, Professor Moriarty." you sighed.

Indeed the day was tiring but it was rather flushed away simply by William's presence as he stood in front of you at the other side of the counter.

"I hope you aren't much too tired just yet." his tone glistened with the fact of how he already read your unspoken language and knew the answer already, You're tired I can see it in your stance and yet I wish to spend a little more time with you... Is it selfish for me to?

A brief silence was there as William pondered on his thoughts then he spoke up, "I hope this doesn't take you too suddenly or that I'm too enthusiastic. Do you wish to start our lessons already?"

"I suppose, I am not too tired yet."

William had a fleeting grin on his face, I know you're tired however, I'm glad.

You walk around the library alongside William, having a little chat as you do until you reach the bookshelves where the mathematics books are being kept. You lightly sashayed your way in the aisle, between the shelves of books as William followed.

"I used to struggle with Geometry when I studied at home, well, no one was there to teach me after all. I'm glad you offered to help me, I really am," you spoke up your thoughts. Seeing the gentle smile on William's face, you felt your cheeks starting to feel heated.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Bell."

You stood frozen. His voice was a whisper, breathy, deep. The air somehow started to feel cold, like a glowing ice caressing your skin as his scarlet eyes glistened when you turned to him.