01

You simply sat there, on your seat at the library counter. Just about bored, it's so silent, there's barely anybody in the library. You leaned your head on the pile of books stacked on the counter and sighed. Suddenly, you heard the library's wooden door creak open. You saw a tall, blonde, good-looking student enter the library. What caught your attention most was his scarlet eyes, like majestic ruby gems.

He started walking towards you and you jumped to your feet, stopped leaning on the books, and fixed your posture

"Good morning, miss." he greeted you politely.

"G- good morning." you stuttered.

Argh, what was up with me? Was I too starstruck by his scarlet eyes?

"You're a new student? I haven't seen you around," you added, trying to talk casually and avoid having your blush made too apparent.

"Student? No, no, you've got that wrong."

You tilted your head in response.

"I'm a new professor here, in mathematics. Moriarty. William James Moriarty." he introduced himself.

You stood there stunned, he looked so young and yet taught such a difficult subject. A part of you was relieved and the other jumped with joy. It's forbidden for lecturers and staff to have such relations with students however he wasn't a student, rather he was a lecturer, meaning you had a chance.

A chance?

"I- I am Elizabeth Bell. I work as a librarian here." you introduced yourself as well.

Gosh, why do I keep on stuttering?

"How may I help you, Professor Moriarty?" you inquired.

"I'm looking for a certain mathematics book I would like to study for my next lecture."

William continued and you helped him find the book. Upon offering him the book that you held in your hands, he grazed your hand with his own in the process. You let go of the book and swiftly changed the topic.

"Here," you said as you slid a paper form along a pen on the table, "I just need your signature on the form. I keep track of the books taken and returned."

William slid the paper, turning it to be upright in front of him. He signed and you couldn't help but admire even the strokes of his hand as he wrote his name and signature.

Is this creepy behavior?

He slides the paper on the surface of the counter back to you. Then he gave you a smile which made the surrounding colors all of a sudden vibrant.

You were too stunned to respond, you simply stood in front of him with wide eyes as he turned to leave.

You stood in silence and wished that he'd visit the library sometime soon or that you'd see him along the university grounds. Your wish was not long granted when you happened to stumble upon William as you walked the long university hallway during lunch.