I was about to continue to tease her when my phone rang. I would have declined the call but it was Aakash's call. He would have not called if it was important. I was now in a dilemma to pick up the call or not.

I was just staring at my phone screen when Pihu said "You can take the call if it's urgent. I will come back later."

I would have stopped her and taken the call if it was some other call. I don't want her to know about it just yet. I want to investigate the matter before and then maybe I will tell her.

I just moved up head up and down showing I agreed with her statement. As soon as she reached the door I picked the call up. "Hello hope it is worth the time to which I said no," I said as soon as I picked up the call.

"Asshole stop with this attitude. I am not your girlfriend so I will call to ask how was your day. I also have more important things to do," he commented back with a sassy reply. Of course, what can we expect from him? He is not someone who will bend down in front of anyone. He will give back to you with twice the shit.

I rolled my eyes at his words and said "You could have spoken what you called for." "You could have also greeted me like a normal person," he replied at that instant. Does this man have a reply to my every comment?

Before I could ask anything he said "By the way what sacrifice you did make to pick up my call?" An important one I thought about was the time I would have spent teasing Pihu. But here I am dealing with him and his attitude.

I can't tell him anything about Pihu so I replied "There was an important meeting." "Aditya lies to someone who can't catch your lies," he replied catching me red-handed. Why the hell I thought he wouldn't catch? He is an expert in all these things.

"Well I don't unless you were busy with some dirty things," he tried to tease me. "That's your job not mine," I instantly replied.

"Dirty job is my thing but doing hanky panky is your thing," he again replied to my earlier comment. Why is he even my friend? I asked myself the same question every time I talked to him.

"Because you love me and most importantly my work," again sassy comment but he is right this time. I am connected to a few people and he is one of them. I love how he always tries to help a needy person. Learning from him we both have started a "helping home" NGO together.

"Yes I love your work so can we discuss it," I tried to bring back him to the topic of why he called.

"Fine but don't forget to tell me the name of the girl," listening to him I started searching for a camera he might have hidden here in my office.

"Which girl you are talking about?" I tried to pretend that I didn't know anything he was saying.

"Don't be innocent and you know what I am talking about. You know it is some girl and I am one hundred percent sure," I know he might be proud of himself for catching my lie.

"Fine I will tell you when the time comes," I agreed for now but I am not telling him anything.

"I have two good news for you. I have been able to find the culprit and about the girl whom you asked for," he replied and I was excited to hear the results.

I wanted to give priority to Pihu's incident so I told him "Tell me I was right on who pushed her?"

"Yes, you were right she only pushed her in the pool. As you know swimming pool footages were not clear so I used my brain. As you know I am such a smart person so I was able to find out," I shook my head in negative hearing his words. Like literally can't he speak without praising himself?

"It was Khushi daughter of Mr. Khana and you know his relation with your brother," listening to this my blood started to boil.

"Can you send me the proof in my phone," I told him and stood up from my seat. "For the girl whose detail you asked I will send in some time," he explained to me.

"Just send me this for now," I told him clearing my priority. I will handle the other matter some other time.

Saying that we cut the phone and I took my coat from my seat. I called my secretary and asked her to cancel all the meetings.

Luckily Shlok was in this building so I just went straight to his cubicle. His cubicle was in another building so I walked across Pihu's cabin. She was busy with her work so without saying anything to her I just went straight to the lift.

I pushed the lift button and waited for the lift to come. When the lift came I entered the lift and I went straight to Shlok's building. While I was busy on the phone Aakash's message popped. He sent me all the details I asked for.

When I entered his floor his secretary greeted me. Without replying I asked, "Is Shlok inside?" Hearing her yes I just went directly inside the cabin without hearing anything further.

Entering the cabin I saw Shlok sitting on a chair doing his work. Seeing me he comes he got up from his chair and started to come towards me.

He was shocked to see me here because we don't have a close bond. We don't meet each other unless it's something urgent.

As soon as we were close to each other I vented out my all anger and punched him in the face.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

Some twists and turns are about to come🤩

Put on your seat belts are you reading for the ride?❤️