Chapter 44 The calm before the storm

Começar do início

Hinata looked at the table inside his house. Yachi too had a shocked look at the tablet that was lying on it. Though the most shocking part was the content of the website it displayed, stating: "ASAS Sao Paolo is not willing to sign another contract with their star player Shoyo Hinata." 
The headliners were only pointing out the action. The remaining text underneath it brought out the reason. 
"Sao Paolo has recently declined a possibility to sign Shoyo Hinata for the upcoming season due to newly signed star, Nimir Abdel Aziz. ASAS management stated that with the current roster, there won't be enough room for Shoyo Hinata and they unfortunately have to let go of him because of these management reasons. Meaning Shoyo Hinata is currently complete free agent and will only play for ASAS until the end of the playoffs. Afterwards his career path remain unknown. However, rumours say that many teams from different leagues are already interested on the Japanese opposite hitter, such as Ali Roma, or Sir Safety Perugia...", Yachi stopped reading after that line and looked into the eyes of her boyfriend. He hasn't spoken anything and his mood was down. Unusually down. In fact, it was downer than the way it is after a lost game. 
"Yachi..., what am I supposed to do now...?", Hinata finally said and took a sip of his wine. "I don't know what I should be doing anymore. This club has simply dumped me. Like rubbish. Where should I go?" 
"Well... Hinata, look.", Yachi started and realised that Hinata used her full name. "I can't really decide on where you should go. If you're asking me where I would like to go, I'm gonna say wherever you wanna go, because I simply love you, just the way you are and it's simply as that."
"No, Yachan.", Hinata switched back to the normal way, meaning he had calmed down a bit. "I mean, where should I go, because... I don't wanna stay in Brazil anymore."
"Well then...", Yachi sighed at that demeanor of her boyfriend and poured some wine into her glass. "Right now, the best I could advice you with, is Italy. Ever thought of playing in the same league as Kageyama again?"

Yoichi awoke from his slumber. The rest of yesterday was spent watching the other games and analyzing his plays in his own. But something was concerning him the whole time. During the last games of team A he was watching, there were many times of Shidou and Rin fighting for the pass in order to score a goal. This indicated that there was no chemistry between them. Yoichi sighed and walked over to the monitor room. A lot more people were now there to spectate the last games. 
"Oi, Yoichi. Finally up?", Barou said rudely. "Seriously, you sleep way too much." 
"Whatever.", the raven haired snapped back. His morning mood leaked out a little bit. "Which teams are playing?" 
"Currently, team A and team B.", Hiori answered with his eyes still fixed on the screen. 
"Alright...", Yoichi silently answered and took a seat at one of the pillows distributed inside the monitor room. He gazed at the screen and watched the match evolve in front of him. Team A was leading with the score being 4:3. Three goals were scored by Shidou, whilst the other one was scored by Rin. Team A was attacking too. Both Rin and Shidou were storming through the middle. 
'This is so going to go wrong...', Yoichi thought and looked at the attack he prejudged as the last one. It didn't have to be the last one, he knew that, but it felt like it. Kurona sent in a straight cross from the middle line to the two forwards that were storming to the goal box like tigers jumping on their prey. Both of them were keen on scoring the last goal. None of them will quit on this one. 
'Who wouldn't?', Yoichi asked himself. 'This is the last goal of everything after all.' 
He saw a small brawl breaking out. Rin and Shidou were already on their throats fighting for that cross desperately to get the better position out of it. Shidou was already holding Rin's face with his hand, covering his eyeside. But Rin shot it anyway. The goalkeeper dived for it, but couldn't touch it resulting it going in. However, the real battle on the pitch wasn't over yet. The moment the ball lifted the net, Rin and Shidou fell down and seperated for a split second to catch their breaths. However, this split second of piece, turned out to only be the calm before the storm because right when the ball has dropped to the ground, the first two ranks were at their throats again. But unlike the previous times, it escalated completely. Both drew out punches as if they weren't football players. 
'Not gonna lie... they look more like Muay Thai fighters...', Yoichi commented inside his head. Shidou went even that far that he jumped up and performed a round house kick into Rin's face. Blood gushed out of the nose of the green haired like a water fountain coming out of the rocks. Shidou wasn't done. Blue Lock number 2 jumped up again. This time it was the ultimate KO-strike, an axe kick aimed for the head of the number one. 
'That's gonna end very badly...', Yoichi thought and looked away. An axe kick with football boots, that's going to end with brain damage. Suddenly, a buzzing sound came from the speakers instead of the bang, Yoichi expected to listen because of the powerful hit. He looked back at the screen. There he could see Shidou being electricuted mid air. 
"Give it a fucking rest already.", Ego then appeared on one of the monitors inside the room. "You even made me use the anti-riot-shock."
'An anti-riot-shock? Is that thing built in everyone's suits?', Yoichi thought and quickly checked on his own. 
"The tryouts are over.", Ego continued. "Six hours from now, I will announce the regulars for the match against the U20 team."

Tobio looked at his tablet. That was big news on his small touch screen. 
'That idiot really got sold that easily? What the fuck? Are they out of their mind?', he thought and checked out the reason for this decision of ASAS. 
"They do know that Hinata has played a huge role in that victory against us, right?", Leon muttered. "I mean look at his stats. Why would ASAS be willing to sell him out of everyone? It's not like they lack money if they could finance Nimir in the first place."
"Yeah, I agree with that one.", Krick said. They were back at that restaurant they always eat at, after Tuesday practice. 
"Crazy shit...", Holt murmered and sipped on his drink. 
"Well, it is crazy. But there's a positive side to that story too.", Eric butt in. 
"What?", Kageyama asked and turned his head to the Libero. 
"Well, you see, one of our wing spikers, Facundo Conte is considering going to Warta Zawiercie, which leaves an open spot in the team roster.", Eric explained. "Besides there are already rumours for our management reaching out to him for a possible contract." 
"Oh man, don't tell me I'm gonna be on the same team with that guy again...", Tobio cursed under his breath and sighed. 

Ego was tapping on his tablet in the monitor room. Who was he going to choose? There were so many options, weapons and talents he could use to win the match. His tablet was filled with choices.
'First off, Rin Itoshi. A solid striker as forward. Consistence scoring and good defence.', he thought and moved the said name tag onto the correct position on his screen. The door opened.
"Have you reached a decision, Ego-san?", Anri asked and walked through it. 
"Yup..., or let's say I've got a vague idea, how this is gonna work.", he replied. "Too many cooks spoil the broth.... Anri-chan... in order to seize victory, there are certain talents that get cut away."
Anri's phone suddenly rang. She took it out of her pocket and answered it, "Hello?" 
Seconds later she held it out to Ego, "There's someone on the line for you, Ego-san."
"Who is it?", the four eyes asked. "At this fucking important time?" 
"It's president Buratsuta...", Anri said and stared at the male in front of her in all seriousness. Ego thought for some seconds, then he grabbed the phone in her hand. 
"Hello?"