𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

March 23rd, 2136 10:24am

Time was ticking, the Cherry blossoms had already bloomed meaning that soon, exactly two days, student will be out for spring break. Keigo wasn't home, yet you understood now but it's been a month now, The streets seemed so empty and quiet, as you walked down the street pushing the stroller which the 2 year old boy sat in. You decided to go for a quick stroll before heading back to work, you were stuck with the little guy and you have been for awhile considering your babysitter basically skipped town without a word and you found yourself wondering if she was ok wherever she is.

You walked down a treelined path watching as the flower petals flew around in the air, you inhaled feeling at ease, for once. "feels weird walking around with no worry, doesnt it Kenji?" you questioned the small boy who was playing with the petals that had landed in his stroller, Through you wanted to invite some of your friends out they all seemed busy which wasnt a surprise they're all are pro heros.

"Time to head back" you spoke as you watched the boy giggle a petal falling on his nose, causing him to sneeze "you're so cute". You started walking back to your clinic smiling at the small child.

——

March 26th, 2136 7:23am

You sat in your office trying to finish the paperwork while Kenji rested on your chest, The past 3 days felt odd, everyone was busy but you felt like it was normal. Most of your day was spent helping people and taking care of Kenji, you wanted to check in on keigo but you weren't sure if he was busy. You weren't sure why but for some reason you had this strange feeling, like something big was going to happen, glancing at your phone you saw he did text you around 6 but you weren't able to answer,

Father of my kid👨‍🍼
I love you

Mother of my kid👩‍🍼
I love you more

Everything ok?
That was kind of random

After a while he didn't text back and decided and you figured he was busy now, Kenji soon started whining and you figured he was hungry but you didnt have anything for him to eat right now. "Eat, mama eat" he spoke as you gathered your stuff, "I know, I know we're going to get something to eat now" you picked him up and began walking out the clinic.

Time passed, Time, Was all Keigo could think about looking at the predicament he was in, he wished he had more time. More time to spend with the ones he loved, his family, you and Kenji, he didn't know how this would end fire was his weakness. He laid there beaten up and burned, the flames getting stronger as time passed on, Time the thing he wished he could freeze, the thing he wished he cherished the most when with you two. He had a family and he felt like he took it for granted.

The last thoughts that flooded his mind were you two, your smiles, your cute expressions, the way Kenji really took after you made his heart warm. He regretted not spending the time he had with you wisely, every minute he had spent with you he regretted because he still left you alone, all alone to raise a child, those moments he found himself so infatuated with his mission that he abandoned you for your safety but that's not an excuse. He wondered what you were doing right now, how Kenji was doing, He was probably eating like usual, Just like his father Kenji enjoyed snacking on things no matter the time.

He smiled at that thought feeling himself lose consciousness, "The hell are you smiling about? Thinking of that pretty family of yours? Don't worry I'll take good care of them" he shouted getting ready to blast more flames until he was knocked back.

You sneezed and soon after Kenji did too, "who the hell is talking about my kid?" You mumbled driving back to the clinic. There weren't many people out which you found weird, You arrived at the clinic hurriedly bringing Kenji inside, "[Y/N]! Have you seen the news? A whole city was just destroyed!" Akira exclaimed pointing to the TV "well that's weird" you spoke settling down in the lobby since you didn't have any customers. You placed Kenji down letting him roam around as the news played on the TV, "Pillars of fire near Jaku city hospital ruins" you read from the TV.

Soon they begin listing cities that should be evacuated because a huge villain was rampaging through, "hey, Akira you should head home, I'll close for the day" you whispered turning the tv off. "No it's fine, I'll close up, you should get home" she reassured as you nodded, "please let me know when you get home" "will do" you smiled as you went to get Kenji seated in the car. "I'm not sure what's happening, but I hope everyone's ok" you whispered sitting in the car, no hero's were out and you figured they were fighting against whatever was destroying Japan.

Once you got home you avoided the news scared of what will pop up next, you both sat in the upstairs living as one of Kenjis shows played on the tv. You were still feeling uneasy, you were sure what was happening but nonetheless it scared you, You weren't sure is keigo was ok, or Rumi, Kayama, Ryuku, Takeyama, even Yamada and Aizawa. You scrolled through your phone looking at the news, until it started glitching and a video played.

"My name is Toya Todoroki" you heard from the tv, you stared in confusion, as Kenji walked over to you. "Mama it stopped" he exclaimed climbing in your lap, You stared at the patchy man while he continued talking "The number one hero is my father" his scratchy voice running shivers run down your spine. "Mama" Kenji whined as he saw the man on tv, he continued talking while you tried to turn the tv off, but it wasnt working. You tried to drown his voice out, while you covered Kenjis ears, until he mentioned Keigo.

"Those working with endeavor are just as bad, take the number two hero hawks" Suddenly of photo of him stabbing someone was displayed on the screen and you stared in horror. "Papa!" Kenji cried out as you stared at the screen, "In order to get us to trust him, he murdered one of his pairs and abandoned his family, the number 3 hero best Jeanist is dead, and his Wife [Y/N] [L/N] is all alone raising his child" you completely zoned out the tv lost in thought. Did he really kill another hero? He didn't abandon you right? He'd come back, right?

Then it connected, he was a spy, most likely the hero's are infiltrating whatever he was spying on. So that means he didn't leave you, but you remembered his last text and it made your heart sink, "I love you" did that mean he wasn't planning on coming back? You were now worried sick you felt like you'd vomit any second. Soon the broadcast ended and Kenji was crying into your chest, you knew you had to stay strong for him. But he felt you shaking as he cried in your arms.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅