"What do you want, Kesha," I grumbled, taking a seat near an umbrella so the sun didn't shine too much on me.

"ASAAD IS IT TURE?" She hollered before a voice in the back asked for the phone, but she immediately screamed for the person to move.

"Who is that?" I asked, rubbing the sand off my legs. "Where you at Kesha?"

After that there was shuffling and movement circulating before she finally responded, "ARE YOU MARRYING HER?"

I drew my brows together, looking down at the critters, wishing that I'd left my phone in that bag. "Kesha.. ain't nobody getting married, yea? Who's that in the back?"

"Oh, okay. Good!" She hung up her end of the phone and I just stared at the screen, irritated until it went black.

Sophia finally took a seat beside me, looking like a batch of roses as she hissed at the burns that were now a part of her skin. "I told you.."

I nodded, letting her know that she was right before taking advantage of the fact that I was finally getting some screen time.

Nothing could prepare me for the news that was showcased on HOOD CLUEZ. They wasted no time with video footage and interviews with one of the biggest names in the industry: Big Mac

And beside him was a familiar face, once that i've seen and notice in my own home a few times. The kid looked happy, smiling ear to ear with pure excitement that he was joined again with his biological father.

"What do you have to say to the camera, lil man!" Mac encouraged, holding his son's side and Na'Jour let his few teeth show, exploiting his satisfaction.

"I missed my daddy!" He gleamed, holding onto one of the toys i'd purchased for him when babysitting.

I held my breath for a moment, rewinding my mind back to all the occasions I saw him, his items, and when was the last time he and I saw each other.

"They was in my home.." I mumbled, paying most of my attention to the toy that only stayed in the playroom.

But it didn't make sense. Na'Jour should've never even been in the house. I hadn't watched him in weeks.

On top of that, I knew Darius wasn't the type to let some shit like this happen willingly, so what was really up?

"Awe!" Sophia cooed, leaning over to see what I was. "Isn't this that boy that went missing like a year ago? I'm so happy his father finally found him! Did they say who's behind it?"

I shook my head with uneasiness as my tongue clicked against my teeth. She wasn't asking any of the right questions.

As far as i've learned, Mac wasn't much of a good nigga. Especially not to Yasmin, but those were just bits and pieces that i've heard overtime.

Now, my mind lingered about Isis's whereabouts.

If it happens that these niggas had access to my place, where the hell was she? And had she gotten stuck in the mix of this re-kidnapping scenario?

A lot was crossing over my mind and with no hesitation I called her phone, but it went straight to voicemail.

I did it a few more times, and the results were the same.

"Mm." I mumbled lowly, feeling some type of way before checking my messages to see that our thread hadn't updated since a week ago, when we last communicated.

There were no new messages from her, but now there was going to be one from me. Pointless enough, it didn't even deliver.

"See," Sophia stood back up, trying to pull my hand so I could follow behind her. "This is why I asked for your phone. You were just happy with me and now you have have that look on your face."