Speaking to the Alpha

~Kayla~
After being ushered into a car and driving for 3 hours, we finally arrive at a huge mansion. The guards lead us into a room completely made out of cement. Our ankles are then chained to the wall. So much for kindness.

"The alpha will be in shortly." The middle guard grunts, before they all turn around and slam the door shut.

I want this to all be a dream. Please let this be a dream. I want to wake up and hug my parents. I want them to tell me I imagined everything.

I feel tears sting the backs of my eyes, but I refuse to let them spill. I will not show any weakness. I am not some puppet the alpha will be able to play with.

I don't understand why we humans live with this. I understand that if we go along with this, we will guarantee peace between us and the werewolves, I truly do. But what I wonder is, why couldn't there be another way.

This just all seems so wrong, taking a random girl from her home. She won't see her family until after the alpha finds his mate. Who knows how long that will take?

All I can do is hope that the alpha doesn't like innocence, because I'm pretty sure I reek innocence. I have never even kissed a guy, much less had sex with one.

Suddenly the sexy stranger comes into the room. I think I can last in this dream a little longer.

He walks over to the first girl.

"Name."

"Susan." She whispers.

Suddenly a deafening slap sounds throughout the room. Susan lets out a few strangled cries.

"Never mumble at your Alpha." He seethes.

"I'm sorry Alpha."

Another slap.

"NEVER SPEAK UNLESS SPOKEN TO!"

She whimpers but holds her tongue.

Never mind! I definitely don't like this dream!

He walks over to the next girl.

"Name."

"Asia." She states firmly.

He chuckles bitterly. "This one learned."

He moves to the next girl. "Name."

"R-Rebecca" she attempts to be confident, but stumbles.

Another slap sound bounces off the walls.

"Don't stumble at your alpha!"

He moves on when she says nothing in return.

"Name."

The girl looks past his face "Amy."

Slap. "Look at me when you are talking!" He spits.

She whimpers but says nothing,

My stomach drops when I realize I'm next.

Please wake up! I don't want to talk to this guy! Please let this be a dream!

"Name."

I look him directly in the eye and use as much strength as I can.

"Kayla." I state, not even stumbling.

He chuckles and says "I like this one."

Crap.

*

We have been waiting around for 4 hours. After the alpha talked to all of us he left.

We all sat down and looked up when a guard opened the door.

"Get some rest, the alpha will choose his slave tomorrow."

I sigh but do as I'm told. This is going to be a long night.