14. Party

"Ivan, what do you do?" Jitra asked curiously.

Ethan was being surrounded by a bunch of middle-aged women. His parents had gone off with his little brother to greet the rest of the guests. He had excused himself from them to get some fresh air. He wasn't expecting the ladies to stop him midway.

"I am a doctor" Ethan smiled and replied. His human name was Ivan Namit Samurtaewa.

"A doctor?" The surrounding aunts were impressed. "Which department?"

"Orthopedics. I specialize in sports medicine." He replied. "I work at People's Hospital." He added knowing what the next question would be.

He had joined the hospital about a week ago. His father had made all the arrangements for him.

Being a doctor was a disguise for him to blend into the human world.

As an angel, he could gain all the knowledge and experience that a doctor with the qualifications stated on the documents his father prepared for him, took less than five minutes. All he had to do was to cast a spell.

The eyes of the women were shining bright hearing that the handsome young man in front of them was a doctor at a renowned hospital. 

"Do you have a girlfriend, Ivan?" A lady probed. She had a single daughter. She was very much interested in introducing the young doctor to her daughter.

"Why is that son?" Another lady asked, understanding the former lady's intentions. "You are a doctor, come from a rich family, and are good-looking as well. How come you have no girlfriend?"

Ivan chuckled. "We doctors rarely get any free time. So, finding time to date someone is really difficult. Moreover, I just moved back here. I have yet to settle here properly. Finding a girlfriend can wait for the time being."

He knew what the ladies were up to. He had no intentions of dating a human or making any kind of relationship with them. It would only infer his mission.

"I have to go now. Mom was looking for me," He excused himself from the ladies and left to find his parents.

He was still adapting to the human world. He found human nature to be sly and cunning, completely different from all the kinds of creatures he had come across in his previous missions. 

Humans would think one thing and act another. He couldn't comprehend or predict their actions. This made him feel helpless.

Ivan found his parents talking to the host of the party. He joined them wordlessly. 

"Dylan is going to work as a volunteer at iHoPe after graduation," Leng said proudly to his friends.

He knew that his son's intentions in being iHoPe wasn't pure and that Dylan was volunteering solely because Mek was working there.

"iHoPe? The NGO?" Ken was intrigued. He remembered hearing about the NGO that helped a lot of people, in the news.

Even Nathan, who was standing uninterested next to his parents, was interested all of a sudden. The NGO was run by his human after all.

"Yes. That one" Leng replied.

Nathan nudged his father. 

Ken understood what his sone wanted. So, he asked his friend. "Leng, actually Ian also wanted to do some volunteer work since he graduated. How do we apply to be a volunteer at iHoPe?"

Ian was Nathan's human name.

He wasn't aware that iHoPe was his son-in-law's organization. He helped Nathan because he knew that in order bring the human soul back to the Angel's land, his son would need to gain a lot of merit on earth.

What would be a better way to gain merit than helping fellow human beings? The volunteering work would fit just fine for their requirement.

"That would be great!" Leng exclaimed. He and Ken had been long term friends. He would be happy to send their sons together. "I will make the arrangements. My daughter-in-law's Nong works there as a secretary."

"Thank you so much, uncle" Nathan said happily.

Leng was somewhat taken aback by the young man's enthusiasm. He wasn't expecting someone who looked fragile and small like the one in front of him to be actually willing to be volunteering at an NGO.

"Uncle have to warn Ian na. The volunteering work is going to be hard." Leng hinted, giving the young man a chance to back out.

"Hard? How hard?" Nathan asked.

"You will have to go to rural areas, where there is no signal. You will have to eat the food from there and many more difficulties," Leng didn't believe that someone with Ian's status would be able to endure all those difficulties.

He wasn't worried about his son because he knew that the young guy was dead set on making Mek fall for him and would be willing to go to the world's end to do that.

"I don't think that will be a problem uncle. I don't mind all those. But I do have one thing to ask. Would Khun Ted be coming with us? I am a huge fan of his work and really looking forward to working with him" Nathan asked with sparkling eyes.

He wanted to make sure that he could stick closer to his human. Or else how was he going to make the human fall for him? If the human fell for someone else, he and their child would be abandoned. After all, the soul bond only applied to angels and not humans.

Leng was thoroughly impressed. "You really know a lot about the volunteering work, don't you." He patted Nathan's shoulders in appreciation.

"Khrab" Nathan replied with a sly smile.

"As far as I know, N' Ted does have the habit of personally taking part in all the field works. So, there are chances that you might get an opportunity to work alongside him if you join iHoPe" Leng answered.

Nathan once again thanked Leng before the latter left to greet the rest of the guests. He turned around and saw his family staring at him suspiciously.

"Ted is the name of my human," He said with pink ears, as heat radiated on his face.

Ever since his body had become a human one, he could feel all the emotions that a typical human could feel. And at the moment, he was feeling shy for reasons he himself couldn't explain.

Ken and his wife exchanged glances, finally understanding how their son, who had been on earth for less than a month, knew so much about a human organization. This was so unlike their son.