Father Arthur

Beginne am Anfang

--

"Remind me why we're breaking and entering a bloody cult?" Steven asked in Marc's head as he rolled his eyes.

"Arthur has a daughter, and yes it's not exactly being a hero but we're going to kidnap her in order for him to stop Ammit. He'll have to choose between them." He whispered sneaking into your bedroom.

He looked down at you and noticed the bandages around your eyes.

"Why has she got bandages on?" Steven asked as Marc snapped himself out of his thoughts and slowly picked you up.

"It doesn't matter." Marc muttered, with the help of Khonshu they made sure you wouldn't wake on the way back.

When you finally awoke again, you could tell you weren't in your own bed anymore.

"Father? Father!" You shouted out in fear, you heard no response.

"Father please!" You cried out before you felt someone take your hand.

You gasped, knowing it wasn't your father's hand.

"W-Who are you?" You whispered in fear, though the hand didn't feel threatening.

"I'm Steven. I know you're afraid but I promise you will not be hurt. Can you tell me your name?" He asked in a soft voice.

"It's Y/N." You whispered as Steven nodded.

"That's a very pretty name, Y/N. I know this seems very scary, but your father is about to do some very terrible things... If he succeeds a lot of people will die." He said as you nodded your head a little.

"I know... I was going to die too, but he saved me." You whispered as he looked at you in confusion.

"What do you mean, Y/N?" He asked, still holding onto your hand so you knew he was there.

"My scales were unbalanced, so my father did everything he could to save me." You replied, Steven looked at you and thought for a moment before Marc took over.

"What do you mean saved you?" He said, his accent changing.

"Is this...still Steven?" You muttered, he still held your hand just not as softly.

"No, my name is Marc. Steven and I share a body. Now, what do you mean he saved you?" He asked, his grip becoming a little tighter.

"He tried everything to ensure I wouldn't become evil, so he locked me away. But, it didn't work so he had to try something else. So... He took my eyesight and it worked." You replied as Marc stared at you in shock.

"How did he do that?" He asked as you shrugged a little.

"Y/N, can I take off your bandages and take a look?" He asked, you nodded a little as you felt his hand move from yours and to the bandages around your head.

He slowly began taking them off as you sat still for him, when he finally removed it all he saw your injured eyes.

"Acid..." He whispered, he knew Arthur was evil but...this was a new level.

"It still hurts." You whispered, Marc looking at you sadly.

"It must do... You're in a bad way. I'm going to treat the skin around it and rebandage it." He said, you felt his presence disappear.

"Why did you take me?" You asked quietly, not exactly sure which direction Marc had gone.

"We're going to use you as a bargaining tool. You're father can have you back safely once he stops trying to free Ammit." Marc said as you sat there in stunned silence.