36. D-1

''Hey ! My foot's asleep.'' Rang complained as his patience ran out after an hour of folding dumplings.
''Be a bit patient.'' Yeon told the younger.
''I thought we were going to ambush a wedding. Why make dumplings ? Are we fighting with them ?''
''We wont be here every day.''
''That's what im saying. Why waste time on this ? I wanted to go out with y/n.''

Yeon shook his head as he smiled to himself

''Fine, we'd take you along too. Let's all do something other than making dumplings.''
''It looks like i'll be fighting till the day I leave. Cant I just make some dumplings with my only brother for today ?''

''Who says good bye with dumplings ?'' Rang murmured.
''It'll only make us sad if it's an extravagant farewell.'' Yeon continued to add,
''Even if im not here, just think I went on a trip after making dumplings.''
''I'll live just fine without you.''
''What about y/n ? Will you be fine living without her ?'' Yeon's sentence was proceeded with silence. Rang didnt look up at Yeon and resumed making the dumplings.
''I.... Was always waiting for her. Even if there were times I felt uncertain if I would ever be able to meet her again, I continued to live on. All because of a little hope in my heart that told me to continue to exist, for her. Now that i've met her, heard her voice, seen her face, that is enough for me to continue to live on for more hundred years if that means I can see her again. This memory will be enough. I'll send you off both with a smile on my face.''

''Damn, you matured a lot in this one month.'' Yeon joked lightening the mood.
''Right ! I stayed with you for a month. Give me my present you call a cell phone. You said you'd give it to me after a month.''
''You can have it but you cant use it here anyways. No battery, no cell tower.'' Rang frowned,
''You scammed me again ?''
''So, i've prepared something else.'' Yeon got up and went in his room and came back with a wooden box.
''Ta da !'' He exclaimed with excitement.

''A golden axe ?''
''What do you think ? Cool, huh. If you pull them out during fights, you'll look super rich and trendy !''
''You idiot, do you know how weak gold is ?''
''It's just gold plated.'' That made Rang laugh.
''You guys seem to be having a great time.'' Y/n entered the room.
''Can I borrow Rang for sometime ?'' She asked.
''Take him, he's all yours.''

Y/n and Rang just walked in silence until the former spoke up.
''I wanted to give you something. I dont want to call it a gift, but I hope you'll like it.'' They stopped near y/n's room and stepped in at her gesture. She pulled out a frame that was kept upside down in one of the drawers.
Walking towards Rang, she handed it to him.
''It's a family portrait of me, Rang and Sarang. I had I picture of it in my cell phone so I got it painted from a painter here. I feel bad that im the one who's always making you wait but I hope you can look at this potrait and feel better if you ever think of us. It's not much but--''

''No, this is enough. More than enough.'' Rang hugged the photo frame close to his chest then looked at y/n with misty eyes.
''Thank you so much, y/n. I'll cherish this, a lot.'' A knock on the door made Rang change his look back to normal. It was Shin ju.
''Yeo hee-ssi is here to meet you.''
''Why ?'' Rang spoke with a hint of frustration.
''I don't know. She's waiting outside.'' With that he left.

''I really cant understand here.'' The gumiho murmured.
''Rang, can I ask you of something ?''
''Ask me for my life, I wont deny.''
''Yeo hee, meet & talk to her.''
''But why, y/n ?''
''Right, my man can be thick headed in these things.'' Y/n murmured then added,
''She likes you, Rang.''
''What ?!''
''How did you know ?''
''Wait, you knew ?''
''She confessed to me herself, how do you think i'd know.''

Silence embraced the two who now stood awkwardly not knowing what to say next. Y/n cleared her throat.
''So.... What did you tell her ? After she.... Confessed her feelings.''
''What do you think, I rejected her straightaway !'' Rang got defensive.
''Oh, okay.''
''I dont know why she's still trying so hard.''
''Because she likes you.''
''Y/n--''
''Im not saying that with the motive of stating the obvious, Rang. Think about it, Yeo hee is a half blood and that already makes living like this difficult for her. She has no family or friends, other than the boutique owner. Judging from how she was so reckless about revealing her identity, she also has no clue how the world works. She needs some good company.
Im not pitying her or asking you to feel sympathetic. But I think she deserves a clear conversation, dont you think ?''

Rang stayed silent then a smile creeped on his lips, he took a step closer to y/n as he placed a kiss on her forehead.
''You never fail to remind me of the very reasons I love you.''

A/N

Hey readers ! How has everyone been ?However I felt about the whole day, im really happy right now cause 'Cruel fate' now has 200k+ reads ! And it's all thanks to you guys, each and every one of you who liked the story & took the time to vote on t...

However I felt about the whole day, im really happy right now cause 'Cruel fate' now has 200k+ reads ! And it's all thanks to you guys, each and every one of you who liked the story & took the time to vote on these chapters, recommending it to people around you or just read it by yourself. You're all amazing people and I hope amazing things happen to y'all. I'll see you guys soon, toodles !