19. A date (?)

Yeon knocked on y/n's door for the nth time, he pulled her towards the breakfast table as soon as she opened the door.

''Orabeoni, will you tell me what's going on ? You've been knocking on my door even before the sun had risen, asked me to get ready and now dragged me to breakfast.'' Y/n said giving Shin ju a nod as she sat beside the two.
''You need the energy today, so you cant miss breakfast.'' Yeon said filling y/n's plate with food.
''But--''
''I'll talk. You eat.'' Yeon spoke stringently as y/n complied.

''Did you use the golden ruler ?'' Y/n asked noticing the ruler in Shin ju's hands, making Yeon frown.
''Im eating as well.'' Y/n retorted clicking her chop sticks in the air.
''Yeah, we did. But it didn't work.'' Yeon replied in a weary tone.
''Even the guardian stone is just a stone if it leaves its place.'' Shin ju added some insight to the conversation.

''Right, that's how it all started. The guardian stone that creates the barrier and a treasure that awakens the dead. What was he trying to do ?''
''The golden ruler was never spotted after the Japanese colonial era.''
''It disappeared from the world after this era ? So that is why he travelled back in time ? What a sick villain.'' Y/n said sipping on her water.
''So, what are we going to do now ?'' She asked.
''We'll wait for him to come to us.''

''What are you doing ?'' Yeon asked when y/n stood up from her place.
''Im done having breakfast and we discussed about the golden ruler. That's what you called me for, right ?''
''Aigoo, what am I going to do about these two ?! Come with me.'' Yeon took y/n out of Myoyeongak's gates where Rang was standing with a horse with the most displeased face.
''Just play along.'' Yeon slowly whispered to y/n.
''Yah Rang-a ! Here she is.'' Yeon almost pushed y/n to Rang which worked the way he wanted.
''Off you both go, have a good day.'' Yeon entered back Myoyeongak not even glancing a look behind though he wished to see the expression on y/n's face, he imagined it would be too funny.

Rang cleared his throat not exactly looking in y/n's eyes as he held his hand forward for y/n to get on the horse. She too did not directly look at Rang but took his hand. Rather than sitting behind him she took the lead.
''You dont mind, do you ?'' She said tightening her hands on the reins tied to the horse while Rang was in for a surprise.

''Why didn't you tell me ?'' Rang spoke through the air blowing on their faces as the horse galloped.
''What ?''
''That you wanted to come along. Yeon told me this morning.''

Flashback

''Rang, wake up. Dont you have places to be today ? You have to meet the mermaid right ?'' Yeon spoke on the top of his voice that reached Rang's ears no matter how many pillows he held on to cover his ears.
''Why are you after me ?! I'll just meet her when I feel like, okay ? Now stop yelling near my ears.'' He said throwing one of the cushions at Yeon which he dodged.
''Y/n said she wanted to go too.'' Yeon said in a normal tone making Rang's eyes switch open as he turned around to look at Yeon.

''How ungrateful of you. She was the one who saved you're life and you didn't even think of repaying her kindness. What ? Is she supposed to ask you first to do that ? You're the gumiho, it's your job to clear the debt. Whatever, go back to sleep. It's too early.'' Yeon said posing to go back to sleep when he saw Rang slowly sit up then go get ready after a few seconds.

Present time

''I--''
''Im sorry. I should have asked you about what you wanted me to do. From now on just tell me directly, whatever it is.'' Rang said getting down as he helped y/n. A figure approached them with a confused face.
''Hello.'' The mermaid greeted the two with a surprised tone.
''I didn't know you were coming too. We haven't been introduced properly. Im Yeo hee.''
''Y/n. Also, about me coming...--''
''Why does the reason matter ?'' Rang spoke in y/n's stead.
''It doesn't. I was just surprised because--''
''Let's get this done.''