Season 3 Episode 2: Ties That Bind Part 2

(A/U: The outfit on top is Winona's outfit and the outfit on the bottom is Sequoia's) FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

Third POV

Kate is washing dishes. Javier puts a plate in the sink. "Please, let me do the dishes. It's the least I can do. I'm crashing here. Crashers clean dishes." Javier Said. "Your family. Besides, if they're not cleaned the right way, David becomes a big baby about it all. I'm a pro at this point." Kate said. "No, no, no, I insist." Javier said. "Grab this sponge and you're gonna be eating it, too. It's not a big deal. I've got it." Kate said.

"I know you don't mind, but I won't be here for too long. Just... y'know... gotta get back on my feet a little." Javier said. "You're right. I don't mind." Kate said. "But David does. Is that it?" Javier asks. "Maybe a little bit. Actually, forget I said that. That wasn't for me to... Just forget it. Sorry." Kate said. "Well, he can just deal with it. He's always giving me shit for not being around anyway." Javier said. "You're family. That means the door's always open." Kate said. "So where do you think you'll go?" Kate asks. "Dunno. With what happened, I'd be amazed if I could get a job assistant coaching teeball." Javier said. "You'll land on your feet." Kate said. "Here's hoping. I could use a fresh start. I'll probably just travel around, y'know, see what's out there." Javier said. "Wanna take me with you? Well?" Kate asks. "Uh... sure? Finish up with those dishes and I'll bring the car around." Javier said. "But I pick the music." Kate said. "Yeah, never mind, then." Javier said. "You know I'm just messing around, but... it's hard to say no to a fresh start." Kate said.

Kate will remember that. "Always wanted to go to Norway. See the Northern Lights... You'll be jetsetting and I'll still just be here." Kate said. Kate picks up a glass and accidentally drops it in the sink. "Goddamn it." Kate said. Kate reaches toward the broken glass and cuts her hand. "Quick, run it under water." Javier said. Kate turns on the tap and puts her hand under the water. "Shit, shit, shit, shit. That was David's army glass. He's gonna be so pissy about it. I can hear him already. Ugh, it's so annoying." Kate said. "He should be more worried about you slicing your hand open." Javier said. "He should be..." Kate said. Javi moves his hand away. "You're...you're gonna be okay." Javier said. Kate will remember that. David enters the kitchen. "Hello?" David asks. David notices the shattered cup in the sink. "My CEO gave me that. And unless you wanna dig up his fucking corpse, he's not gonna give me another one." David said. "Well, why don't we get an actual dishwasher?" Kate asks. "You know what? You're right. It's none of my business." Javier said. Kate will remember that. "No, it's not." David said. "I'm sorry about the glass. Really." Kate said. "It's fine. It was an accident." David said. David walks away. "Don't worry, I can handle him. He's just in a mood. Trust me... it won't last." Kate said.

JUNKYARD

Winona's POV

Javier wakes up after the grenade explosion. A walker crawls toward him, and Clementine shoots it. "Hey, hey. Take it easy." I spoke up. "What happened?" Javier asks. "They got away." Sequoia said. "Oh, God. Mariana." Javier said. Javi holds Mariana's hand. "We already dug a grave for her." I said. "Thank you." Javier said. Javi carries Mariana and sets her down in the grave. "We'll never forget you. You were a good sister to Gabe. And... and like a daughter to me." Javier said. "Javi, thank you for staying. I think you probably saved my life." Clementine said. "I couldn't leave you alone." Javier said. "That's because... you're a good man." I spoke up. "Not good enough to save her." Javier said. "You bought your people time, though. That counts for something." Sequoia said.