chapter three

20 minutes later, Reina was walking through the center of the remaining town

20 minutes later, Reina was walking through the center of the remaining town. 3,000 years ago, men were not spilt into individuals countries. It was simply humans and humans. The fairies, giants, demons, and goddesses lived separately but together.

Reina, at this moment, was incredibly thankful to be a goddess. For if she weren't, she would've been immobilized in that bedroom moments ago. At the thought of the goddess race, she grabbed a particular necklace around her neck.

The amulet held her races power. No one knew of her relationship with Meliodas, and with her neutrality during the Holy War, the supreme deity entrusted it to her. If she were to channel the amulet, channel every member of the goddess race, she'd rival the deity herself. The only downside was that if her body couldn't handle the power, she'd turn to dust.

Reina was felt fine with her current power level but she knew she hadn't fully recovered from her death. 3,000 years ago she was the most powerful of the goddesses, second to only the supreme deity. Now, she was nowhere near that rank. Dying had weakened her just as it would anyone.

She was grateful to be alive though. Fully recovered or not, she was happy to see what Britannia had become. Their technology advanced to a thing called a pulley system. Their weapons now forged in higher quality metals that they've discovered over the years. Their food was most flavorful and delicious.

Most of all, the world had gotten nicer. In Camelot, neighbors helped each other. They were giving and hard working. Watching as they all teamed up to clean and rebuild their homes. It was a welcomed sight to see.

As she traveled through the town, she made her way through it. She saw a wholesome tavern a little ways past the walls. She made her way inside, knocking first. She searched the area to find no one around. She saw a shine in the closet. She opened it up to her a tall spear.

The spear was very slender. A sharp narrow blade at the top. It was purple with golden accents such as the bottom of the handle and a center piece. The center piece was there hollow dots surrounded by the gold. The three dots happened to match the marking in the back on Reina's neck.

If you were to look close enough, the insignia on the blade and the marking both resembled that of a classical ninja star. Reina grabbed the spear which glowed at her touch. Reina smiled, sliding her fingers down its length.

"He kept it..." she muttered to herself.

Reina spun the spear gently, it becoming a part of her in the process. The natural way it did exactly as she wished. The spear flashed purple as Reina injected some magical into it. The spear morphed into a longsword.

At the head of the handle was her marking. Reina lifted the sword like she was to stab herself in the chest, only for the blade to glow and as if she was the sheath for the sword, the blade glided into her body.
Her smile brightened, feeling a sliver of her original power restore as she was reunited with her scared treasure: mistsplitter. Reina realized that this tavern most likely belonged to Meliodas. A tavern named BoarHat according to the sign outside.