07

quinn

honestly seeing grayson combined with the boba was such a comfort i almost threw my arms around him due to the fact that i'd just been repeatedly insulted by the two stylists.

the fact that i liked clothes that were a little outside modern trend did not go appreciated from them.

so this is basically how it went.

the brother sister stylist team- the brother six foot six and the sister five foot five- had seemingly effortlessly rolled in a clothing rack with so many hangers my eyes blurred over when i tried to count them, and a suitcase- size beauty collection that held so many teeny tiny bottles i was questioning how good their memory had to be to remember how to use each one.

the brother had taken upon the role of color analyst, and had draped pieces of fabric over my chest and tilted my head this way and that while making unnecessarily snippy comments.

'warm colors are considerably out of the option. i suggest burning that red flannel you were wearing, and forgetting the word orange exists entirely.' *queue fabric change* 'cream will make you look unnecessarily provocative and unreasonably nude, so beige, unless dark, is also out of the question.'

he promptly threw all of the warm colors (except white) aside.

'purple is a no, unless it has a grayer haze, wine hues, or aubergine. blue-' he actually wrinkled his nose for this one. 'unless oxford, space, or prussian, consider disowning yourself if you wear anything lighter than that.' 

in the background, his sister swiftly strode around the room in her 5-inch platform heels, unveiling the racks of clothing and neatly laying out bottle after bottle of makeup product i couldn't even name. skincare treatment tools that looked suspiciously like torture devices were lined up neatly on the table which i sat behind, positively fuming as the brother threw insult after insult at the colors i favored.

'green could be an option. it would bring out your eyes.' he contemplated for a couple seconds. 'sacramento, phthalo and british racing would be your best options. you tend to gravitate towards more neutral tones, do you not?'

i offered a nod.

he finally- finally- acknowledged me with some form of approval. 'tones of gray compliment your skin. i'd suggest gravitating towards more solids in terms of clothing- no gaudy patterns or repetitive motifs. cool gray brings out your eyes almost as well as the green. marengo, dull platinum and dull silver are possible shades for future reference- however, you need not worry as we'll be restocking your wardrobe for outdoor appearances.' he waved a hand to the half-empty walk-in closet. 'now, black is always an option, but in moderation.' i hadn't even heard of half of the shades he started listing out- and i didn't know how on earth someone could remember a name like phthalo or the ten types of black he started yapping about.

yap-a-tron.

after he had finally finished and let me go from the chair i could barely get half a moment to stretch before his sister seemingly appeared from behind me and wrested me back into the chair, her hands flying all over my face with delicate and precise grace. 

'we'll start with the hair. the bangs, as of now, are doable, but need trimming.' she stood behind me- probably on a stool, because she seemed a bit taller- and looked in the mirror, smoothing out my hair and measuring it with her hands in some sort of way i didn't understand. 'thick. keep it wavy- but not too much, while naturally voluminous. no shorter than three inches below your chin, maximum length mid-abdomen. layers, for when asked to run a hand through your hair, would be beneficial. subtle highlights wouldn't hurt- but darker ones.' she fell silent, contemplating for a moment- or basking in her glory, i wouldn't know.