Chapter 22

TITUS REYES

"Aren't you supposed to be heading back to New York soon?" Tiberius asked, settling on the sofa next to me as he handed me a beer.

"Yes. In two weeks." I tipped the beer in thanks and took a long swig from it. "I know he's not happy about me only training for a month before the season starts, but it's not like he has much of a choice."

"Have you signed the contract yet?" Sienna asked as she joined us, having just put Mia down for a nap.

It was still the weekend and afters storming out of Salvadora's house this morning, I knew that I couldn't go home. Not when I was so worked up. A run had helped but by the end of it, I found myself with nowhere to go. Thankfully, my brother texted me at the perfect time, asking me where I had disappeared to. I had been too ashamed to tell him where I had spent the night, and the knowing look he gave me when I returned dressed in the same clothes as last night told me I already knew.

I shouldn't have slept with Salvadora last night. It was a moment of weakness and only proved to complicate things. As if things weren't complicated between us already.

It was wrong. I knew it was wrong now but worst of all, I knew it was wrong yesterday.

I shouldn't have gone to her house in the middle of the night. I shouldn't have kissed her. I shouldn't have fucked her even though it was the best sex of my life, and I shocked myself by even being able to cum. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to ejaculate after the accident, but I proved myself wrong.

She proved me wrong.

Salvadora De Leon was just too damn difficult to resist. When it came to her, I was weak. I couldn't resist her six years ago, and I certainly couldn't resist her last night. Though both times it was me who made the first move.

Instead of fucking, we should have talked. The smart thing to do would have been to talk about Arturo and why she felt the need to keep him a secret from me all these years. With the way she reacted to me, especially when I accused her of the truth, I couldn't help but feel like there was more to the story than I knew about.

Sal's hurt face before she ordered me to leave kept replaying in my mind. Even though she deserved it for what she had done, I hated that I hurt her. I hated that she had flinched at my words and looked as if she would burst into tears if I didn't leave right then and there. I hated that I slammed the door on my way out, no doubt just making the situation so much worse.

I hated that we were in this situation in the first place but most of all, I hated that I had missed out on five years of my son's life. That was five years that I would never get back.

"Did you hear me, T?" Sienna repeated, her eyes brimming with concern as she stared at me.

"Yeah, sorry." I snapped out of the daze with a sheepish look on my face. "What did you say?"

"Have you signed the contract?"

"Yep, just like coach made me promise. I'll be leaving in two weeks."

"I'll be sad to see you go, but we love watching you play on the TV. Mia tells everyone at school that her uncle is the famous Titus Reyes."

My heart melted at her words. My niece was the cutest little thing ever, and I could imaging telling everyone about her favourite uncle T.

"You guys need to come to more of my games."

"Get us tickets and we'll be there." My brother playfully shoved me.

"You've got yourself a deal." I grinned.

When my phone rang, I didn't bother excusing myself as I picked it then and there. There wasn't much that I kept from my brother and now, Sienna as well. In fact, I had told Tiberius about Arturo the very same day I found out about him.