Please Notice (Technoxreader)

Start from the beginning

So, at 1, after everybody went to bed because they were so "tired", I swerved back out from the driveway and headed for the airport, and again I blasted music, this time just to stay awake. 

I made it there surprisingly quick, though finding a parking lot that I could use was a bigger problem, why are airports always such mazes?

It was about a quarter past 2 before I entered the main entrance, but Techno would have to first get off his plane and then find his luggage so I still had time.

On a screen it said that a plane from California was deboarding at a gate to the left, so I headed in that direction to look for him. 

Just as I arrived to the place the passengers would come from, the door opened and people walked out in droves, hands full of luggage.

I leaned abit to the side so I could see farther in the hallway they were coming from, and then as I saw him I immediately recognized him; we'd had cams on while talking a couple times before, so I knew what he looked like, and he hadn't really changed much, only things like his hair and such. 

He recognized me too, and when the people in front of him had left, he quickly walked towards me, dropped his things beside him, and engulfed me in a long hug.

One of my bestfriends of years, and the guy I might or might not like a little too much to be just friends, I finally met for the first time.

He was taller than me, I noticed, and smelt quite nice too, I would've never noticed that if we hadn't met. 

I took his suitcase and led him to my car. I was afraid it would be awkward, but talk went pretty smoothly so that was really refreshing. "Are you tired?" I asked as we had settled in the car and it was heating up.

"Yeah, very," He mumbled rubbing his eyes. I backed out of the lot and manouvered my way onto the road.

"You can just sleep, there's a good hour to the Airbnb. I'll wake you up when we're there," I said turning down the volume so it was still audible but not too loud for him to fall asleep. 

He adjusted in his seat and then I didn't hear much sound from him, until he suddenly spoke up after 20 minutes. "Do you like that song?"

"Hm? Yeah, I really like it, why?" I said turning my head to look at him shortly and then back to the road, he had honestly given me a bit of a scare as I thought he was asleep. 

"I just noticed you tapped your finger on the wheel to the beat, you didn't do that to any of the other songs," He said quietly, I could see in my peripheral that he was looking at me.

"You haven't slept? I'm sorry if my music was too loud, I can turn it down more," I said, ignoring the butterflies and delusions already sprouting from him admitting to noticing what music I liked just by looking at my hands.

"No, it's fine, I like listening to your music, I just wanted to sit in silence really; a kid was sat crying behind me most of the time in the plane," he said, his eyes close to shut as he looked at the road. 

"Silence is nice sometimes," I nodded agreeing with him, "do you have any songs you wanna hear?"

"No not really, I normally just listen to whatever people wanna hear."

"That, is why we work out so well," I said chuckling, I looked at him as I also heard him chuckle lowly. 

We continued the drive in silence, just listening to music with the occasional talking.

__________

When I pulled into the driveway Techno was lightly asleep. I carefully shook his arm and he immediately opened his eyes, so he must've just dosed off recently.