Living the dream (reader+Techno/streamers)

13 years old, 2015.

For years I've dreamt of being one of the big youtubers - youtubers like DanTDM, or LDShadowLady, or LaurenzSide. 

I was currently watching a LDShadowLady video while playing minecraft, and decided to just do it.

I found a screen recorder and recorded 30 minutes of me playing in my survival server. There was not alot of good content in the video but I had to start somewhere.

The first video got two views, and I was so proud of myself, like, I got TWO views on my first video, on a server that has never been introduced and I'm already in the midst of playing in, and the audio sounded like it was recorded on a toaster.

I was so exited, I started a new survival world and decided that I would record every step of the way of playing on the server. I called the series: Let's Play Minecraft! 

Yes, I know, original.

____________

14 years old, 2016

A year passed of 'Let's Play Minecraft!' videos. In the start I posted a video everyday, but after a few months, and after I started spending more time editing videos I ended up uploading twice a week.

Half way through the year I bought a better mic. I had started saving up money to it merely days after posting my first video.

The consistent year of playing minecraft and uploading I had managed to get about 300 subscribers, and my Let's play is nearing the 170th episode, and it was starting to get a tad boring to play on the same server.

I hadn't told anyone from my school about making youtube, even though I was spending almost all my time doing it, I just couldn't bring myself to risk losing my friends if they thought it was weird.

But I had told my parents, since it would be weird if they just heard me talking to myself and them not knowing why. And they didn't care, they just thought it was one of my hobbies, and well it's true but hopefully this hobby will turn to something good.

And, like, they were busy with other stuff anyway, they both had jobs and I had two siblings, guess which one I am; you're right, the middle child.

I had an older brother and a younger sister. My brother, Noah, was one of the popular sport guys, three years older than me. We attended the same school, and he didn't really talk to me there, but if I ever had a problem he would be there immediately. He was the protective older brother and I really couldn't complain, it gave me some privileges too.

My little sister, Annie, on the other hand... She was a year younger than me and she was basically the devil itself. She would always go into my room and desturb me when I recorded, act interested, and then call me weird for playing a computer game. I was fearing she would tell her friends of my channel, but I think she knows better than to actually do it.

_____________

15 years old, 2017

It was going alright with.. life, I guess. 

I had told my best friend in school about youtube and she didn't really express that she found it weird so maybe it was true.

Youtube had started promoting livestreams alot in the algorithm, so I obviously used that as much as I could. I would livestream almost every second day, but instead of playing survival everytime, I had started playing on online servers.

Hypixel to be specific. It was an online server with all kinds of minigames, I spent many hours streaming, playing games like Build Battle, Arcade Games, TNT Run, and Bedwars.