TWENTY-EIGHT ─ [ . : 。✿ ] butterfly weed

Začít od začátku

"(Y/N), angel, look at me," Naoki pleaded. Wasn't he in the kitchen? When did they all get so close to her?

"I'm so sorry," Silas mumbled into her ear. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

It sounded like he was crying. Why was everyone crying? She looked to Elijah. He was saying something, but she was distracted by the blood on his clothes. As she looked around, she realized they were all talking. But it all overlapped and lost all meaning. It meant nothing. Maybe everything meant nothing now. She wasn't sure if that made sense. Did anything make sense? She couldn't remember the last time things made sense.

"Jesus Christ, her arm──"

"We're gonna need to replace the windows before the neighbors──"

"Thank God it's still dark out, we don't need any──"

None of it made any sense.

"I'm so sorry," Silas' voice became the only clear thing in the room. "I never wanted you to get hurt..." She looked up at him through hazy eyes. "I'll do better... we'll all be better for you... We won't let anything happen to you." He wiped the tears from her face. How long had she been crying? "I love you more than anything. And I understand now. I didn't before, I..." He shook his head, as if to force that train of thought from his brain. "I understand what I have to do now."

Finally, (Y/N) found her voice. "Ar─Are you gonna kill m─me too...?"

"No, sweetheart, never," Silas pulled her closer. "We're gonna keep you safe. No matter what we have to do... we're gonna protect you." He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. He was trembling so hard it was a wonder he didn't accidentally knock his head into her's. "That's all that matters..."

The room was quieter now. It stopped spinning, finally. But (Y/N) still couldn't think clearly, as if everything was stuffed full of clouds, leaving no room for any clarity.

"We love you," Aziza mumbled, gently stroking the dissociated girl's hand. "So, so much..."

Lori looked to Elijah, and mouthed the words, 'go change.' He looked to (Y/N) and nodded, reluctantly leaving the others to calm her down.

Silas combed his fingers through her hair, his gaze staying firmly locked on her blank (E/C) eyes.

"I feel weird..."

"It's okay, sweet girl," Naoki smiled softly, though his whole face was lined with worry. "We're gonna make it all better." He leaned in close, pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek. She remained still, looking around as if dazed, trying to make sense of everything. "Can I take you upstairs? Get that arm stitched up?" Another kiss, light as a feather.

(Y/N) blinked, looked down at her own arm, still gushing blood. She paled. "I'm gonna be sick..."

"Hey, hey... don't look, okay?" Silas pulled her closer into his chest, forcing her to look away from the sight of her own wound. "That's nothing for you to worry about... we'll make it all better, yeah?" His head rested against the top of her head, and he breathed in, grounding himself with the sweet smell of her shampoo. "We'll always take care of you, sweetheart... You don't have to worry anymore..." He rocked the two of them gently. Before, (Y/N) would've resented the comfort her captors were trying to offer. But right now, she didn't even really feel present in her own body. And with everything so far away, it felt utterly impossible to put up a fight of any kind. All she could do was let it happen.

Silas carried her upstairs just like that, face pressed against his chest, and arms holding her so carefully. The way one would hold a priceless artifact that could break if you so much as breathed wrong. Naoki followed closely, while Lori and Aziza stayed behind to clean up the glass shards and blood left on the hardwood floor.