chapter 1

~ Nick's POV ~

Today is the day that we're going to bring Luna home with us. I'm so nervous about it it's going to be so different but we're both so ready for this next step. But it's definitely a good nervous too, i'm excited to face this step in our relationship.

Luna is 13 years old and we met her a few times and she's such a sweet girl, she has had a really difficult childhood and i can't wait to give her a safe home and give her the love and support that she deserves. 

Charlie snaps me out of my thoughts "goodmorning my beautiful boyfriend" Charlie says while kissing my cheek "goodmorning cutie" i smile back and kiss Charlie. "are you excited?" Charlie asks me "i am, also pretty nervous, but i'm excited for this" i state "how about you Char?" "i'm really really anxious about today but i also can't wait, it's a weird feeling" Charlie admits. 

"Lets get ready, it's going to be okay Char. She's probably just as nervous as we are." i realize it's probably really scary for her too not knowing where she's going to live and everything is going to be new for her as well.

---------

We're in the car right now driving to her temporary home she's at right now. I can tell Charlie's anxious, he's been quiet the whole ride and he's biting his nails. I decide to grab his hand in mine and hold it the rest of the ride. I kiss his hand and whisper to him "everything will be okay Char deep breaths" 

He smiles at me and kisses my hand and i continue driving, i can't lie that i'm nervous myself too but i'm trying to manage it for Charlie.

---------

We finally arrive at the house but i can tell that we're both too scared to step out of the car. I can feel Charlie shaking and i wrap him in my arms "deep breaths, everything will be okay. This is going to be a big step, we're a team, we can do it" i comfort him. Charlie takes some deep breaths "you're right we can" he smiles. 

Then we can see the social worker, Rose, arrive and we decide it's time to step out of the car. "goodmorning, are you guys ready?" she asks us. "yeah i think we are!" i say feeling excited. The three of us go in and go to a different room in the house to talk with Rose and the temporary parents from Luna. 

We sign lots of paperwork and then the parents leave us alone with Rose and we talk about Luna for a little bit. "She's really shy at first but she'll warm up to you guys, she just needs time to trust new people." Rose explains. "understandable" i say. 

"We were informed that she had a difficult childhood growing up, is there something we should know? What we should or shouldn't do?" Charlie asks Rose. "she experienced a lot of physical and emotional abuse growing up and just constantly feeling unloved and misunderstood. So she probably wont open up any time soon until she feels completely safe which can take a lot of time. I have to say this for my job, don't do anything physical with her without her knowing you're going too. Even a hug can trigger something. Try to yell as little as possible to no yelling at all." Rose explains to us.

I feel so sorry that Luna went through all of this at such a young age. "does she get help from a therapist for this or anything?" I ask. "no not at the moment. She got diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, a year and a half ago but trauma therapy didn't work so she quit and now she doesn't have a therapist or anything. If you feel like she need one or something is wrong you can always contact me" Rose says to both of us and we both nod.

I'm so glad that Charlie and i can give her a safe home from now on. "can we go see her and take her with us?" i ask and Rose nods and leads us to the living room. Luna is sitting on the couch scrolling on her phone, wearing white pants with a black hoodie.

Rose, Charlie and i all sit on a couch too. "hi Luna, we've met before and Charlie and i are here to take you home with us" i smile at her, i really want her to know that she's going to be safe with us. A quiet "h-hi" leaves Luna's mouth, she smiles a little but keeps her distance. I notice her hands shaking but i know i shouldn't touch her all of the sudden.  

We all shake hands and say our goodbyes to everyone else, we carry Luna's stuff into the car and drive home. The drive home is silent but not an awkward silence, just peaceful. 

Everything is what it's supposed to be right now.