He looked at her and then his gaze shifted to her hand. She looked at him, her breath caught in her throat as hesitation flickered across her features and she was about to pull back but Zaid pulled her hand under the table and held her hand tighter interlocking their fingers.

She looked at him, her beautiful striking eyes widening slightly and Zaid couldn't help but chuckle making her cheeks glow with warmth.

Zaid chodo mera hath.

Mubashira whispered, she could hear her heartbeat in her ears now, her protests were faint and half hearted

Zaid smiled, a flicker of gentle tease evident in the depths of his eyes.

Kabhi nahin.

Zaid whispered, the sincarity of his words made her heart swell with happiness and she controlled her tears. She hated being vulnerable as she always thought that being vulnerable is a sign of weakness but nowadays Zaid is making her feel vulnerable with his gestures.

Zaid kyun ker rahe ho yeh sab? Dil se ker rahe ho ya farz samajh ker? Ya worst out of pity because a few days ago I had let my vulnerabilities take over and broke down in front of you.

Mubashira thought. The word pity made her stomach churn and she tightened her hold on his hand as a wave of discomfort enveloped her.

MJ.

Zaid called her out worriedly.

Mubashira came out of her thoughts and she looked at him statled.

Are you okay?

Zaid asked her seeing a wave of discomfort flickering across her features.

Worry lines etched into his forehead as he looked at her, his hand reached out to touch her forehead.

Kya hua Zaid?

Mr Asif asked seeing him worried.

Dad Mubashira ko fever tha I feel isko weakness ho rahi hai.

Zaid replied, his worry for Mubashira clear.

Aap khana room main bijhwa dijiye.

Zaid said softly. He held onto Mubashira,s hand and looped an arm around her shoulder so that she doesn't fall.

Zaid I'm fine.

Mubashira spoke as he held onto her hand and made her stand carefully and then he looped his 1 arm around her shoulder. Mubashira looked at him feeling shivers at the edge of her spine.

Zaid rolled his eyes as he said, his voice tinged with sarcasm

Haan pata hai kitni theek ho tum.

Mubashira sighed. Her heart fluttered in her chest like a caged bird.

As they entered inside the room, he carefully made her sit on the bed and sat on his knees in front of her. He carefully took off her slippers and his finger accidently brushed against her foot and she gasped feeling a delicate shiver race down her spine.

Then he gently placed her feet on the plush bed and covered her feet with the blanket.

Yehi raho.

Zaid said firmly and he opened the drawer. He took out a tablet and placed it on the desk.

A while later!!!

Ab bas aur nahin.

Mubashira said gulping the food down her throat.

Are bas thoda sa.

Zaid said holding a bite of the mushroom omelette stuck in the fork.

Are Zaid main moti ho jaungi.

Mubashira said softly.

Zaid smiled at her, his eyes shining with a blend of tenderness and care.

Nahin hogi tum moti. Bas yeh last bite.

Zaid said smiling tenderly at her. Mubashira saw that tenderness and care in his eyes and she breathed out feeling her heart swell with love. She opened her mouth and he fed her.

Ho gaya. Now medicine.

Zaid said softly forwarding a pill to her.

Mubashira made a face and looked at him.

Kadwi hai.

She said softly dropping her eyes.

He smiled softly at her and gave her a chocolate.

Pehle dawai khao and then yeh khana.

Zaid said softly.

Mubashira nodded her head in positive and gulped the medicine down her throat with water.

After she ate the chocolate, her eyes started to flutter close and she blinked her eyes to fight the tug of sleep.

So jao.

Zaid said making her lay on the bed softly. He sat besides her and started patting her head gently. She looked at him with a lazy but soft smile and closed her eyes as she pleaded silently for the sleep to take over her as her mind raced with a blend of uncertainty and doubt. She looked at him, her heart sinking under the cloud of fear and uncertainty that loomed over her.

Mubashira kya hua?

Zaid asked cradling her cheek, their eyes locking, a frown forming on his forehead.

Thank you.

She whispered, her eyes softened as she cupped his cheek, her touch warm and comforting and he closed his eyes.

End Of Chapter!!!

Coming up next: The unexpected yet wanted coffee date.

Here's the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️❤️