23

Since taking that horror film, Lisa hasn't received any supporting roles for many days. Although she has been keeping busy by watching videos and practicing, she can't help but doubt her life choices. If she had known, she wouldn't have been so picky about horror films. Having acting opportunities is so much better than having none at all.

With these thoughts in mind, when it was almost time, she picked up her phone and started checking the supporting roles group, hoping for news of any audition.

Her luck was good today. The group administrator posted the notice on time, with a special requirement for a supporting role actor who could dance.

Lisa's eyes lit up. That was exactly what she could do! She quickly pasted her information on the post.

The list of applicants scrolled by with rows of names. The administrator asked all the applicants to send a dance video, preferably a Chinese dance.

This request was tailor-made for Lisa. Since her mother tore up her essay about her dream as a star, she knew it was impossible for her family to agree to her studying acting. But dancing? Mee wouldn't suspect anything. Since Lisa liked it, she enrolled her in a dance class. Lisa's plan was that if she became an actress in the future, dance skills might come in handy. Even if they didn't, it would improve her overall charm. After all, the more skills, the better.

And now, the opportunity had presented itself.

Lisa couldn't help but sigh. I was really clever from a young age, planning for the future so early.

After praising herself, Lisa found an appropriate Chinese dance costume in her room. She adjusted the lighting and camera, then started recording her dance video.

Perhaps because they had to screen through additional dance performances, the list for today came in quite late. Lisa had been waiting until she was almost falling asleep when she heard another notification from the group.

The administrator had selected three contract actors, and Lisa's name was listed first.

"Great!" Lisa's sleepiness was instantly replaced with joy and she twirled around in place. Seeing the group's notification that they would gather at 8 a.m. the next morning, Lisa quickly got into bed to sleep.

It had been a long time since she had to go out so early in the morning. When she put on her mask, she was still yawning. She called herself a car, thinking that she might as well take a nap on the way.

When she arrived at the hotel for makeup, it was 7:50 a.m. There were already many extras queuing up in the hotel corridor to get their makeup done. Normally, Lisa would have to line up with them, but now that she was a supporting actor, she was exempted from the queue!

She contacted the makeup artist, who said that the lead actors were getting their makeup done, and after they were done, the contract actors could have theirs. Lisa took advantage of this time to have breakfast and review the script.

This is a palace drama. The character she's playing is a dancer who was sent into the palace and amazed everyone with her dance in the grand hall. However, her main objective in entering the palace was to assassinate the crown prince, but unfortunately, she was killed by the crown prince instead.

Although this character only had one line, she had an important dance scene with many camera shots. Moreover, it was a large-scale production; Lisa had previously seen photos shared by netizens on Weibo where the actors' makeup and costumes looked stunning.

She started looking forward to her own look.

After the makeup artist called her, Lisa hurriedly ran up. Her character was from the Western Region, so the makeup had an exotic touch. The eye makeup took an especially long time, as it needed to match the intricate gold accessories. The overall makeup mainly used golden shades. Once the makeup was done, the makeup artist started curling and styling Lisa's hair, then began putting on the headpiece, forehead ornament, face decoration, and earrings one by one.