Before I know it we have only a couple of minutes before the garden is completely full of people waiting for us. "Bhabhi maa, heels pehenado" Niya says and I get into action, helping her wear the heels like a mother to their 3 year old.
After I help her into the heels, I go to Ruhi to help her set up her hair. It's always like this whenever we go out. They are late while I get ready first and help them gather themselves.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Ruhi yells as she leans towards the vanity table, where her phone is kept.

"Too many shits for a sentence, Rooh" I say as I yank her back into place so I can finish her hair.

"It's valid, Bhabhi maa" she said. They started calling me bhabhi maa and as much it feels like I'm a million years old, I love it too.

"How?" Niya asks, finally done with her lipstick application.

"Nothing, nothing" she said and pretended as if nothing had happened. I look over to Niya and Kyra who just shrug at me.

The welcome party began and guests starting rushing down from their rooms downstairs into the garden. It's decoration is enough to take multiple breaths away, the lights, the red roses and everything else catches your eye.

My family came a while ago and after some introductions, everyone began mingling with each other. The party buzzed as the music played, some slow songs too making an appearance. Despite everyone's urging us to dance we stay put. My eyes wander across the place searching for the two people who gave me life. Aadvik caught on quickly and squeezed our joined hands. "They're not coming yet. Maybe only at the wedding" he said. I nodded, somehow I knew it was inevitable. He pulled me closer to his side and I melted into the embrace.

AADVIK
"Bhaiya, I tried, I'm sorry" Ruhi continues.

"Ruhi, I told you, it's okay bache" I assure her again.

Ruhi's brother's friend said he could hook me up with some music instruments. I desperately needed a custom made guitar in a limited time, which is close to impossible. Luckily, she came to rescue and told me she'd get it done. It was supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow but apperently she got a text from her brother that it wouldn't be delivered in time.

"I'll see what I can do. He hasn't actually shipped it yet so maybe I can have someone go pick it up or something" she says as she turns on her phone, searching for someone's number.

I place my hand on the screen to block her view.
"Ruhi, it's fine. Don't panic, I'll figure it out" I tell her again.
"You sure bhaiya?" She asks
"Han, abh chal warna Isha will kill us for being late" I say as I loop an arm around her shoulder. Ruhi is practically just like Niya to me, though definately more energetic.

We go to the final dinner portion of the welcome party, it's been nice to introduce everyone to Aisha. Meet her people too. She doesn't have much of family except everyone I've met already so the only new people I meet are her company's CFO and COO who, both, are woman. She seems only professionally close to them, which is not surprising since she isn't the most open person in her work.

Now, the final part of the event was dinner before which Ruhi pulled me aside. As Aisha sees us enter, I already earn a glare from her. We're ten minutes late and it shows because of the food already layed down on the table.
Beside her, a chair remains empty so I quickly have a seat and whisper a sorry into her ear, I get a small nod.

The staff came over to place a plate in front of me and I turn my gaze to the table, I notice everyone's plate full except Aisha's.

"Where's your food?" I ask, lean close to her ear. She shivers as my breath reaches her lobe.