Kutta

AishaI woke up cuddled up in my bed

Aisha
I woke up cuddled up in my bed. How did I fall asleep in a new bed? I thought checking my surroundings, I usually had to go sleep with Niya everynight.

It came back to me as I sat up on the bed, Aadvik entering my room, us watching a movie and then I slept on his shoulder! My thoughts formed a huge smile on my face.

His shoulder felt comfortable, as if I'd slept on it several times before.

As my head cleared, my thoughts becoming sober, I remembered. Tommorow is the wedding!
Meaning today is the Mehendi and Sangeet. The haldi was already done a couple days ago because unfortunately unlike the movies it isn't done the day before in our tradition.

I changed into breakfast appropriate clothing and made my way quickly to the kitchen.

Dad sat with his newspaper beside Mom who was deep in conversation with Vedant. Niya and Aadvik were not present for some reason.

"Good morning everyone" I spoke taking a seat on the chair next to Vedant. He immediately raised his head towards me and grinned wierdly.
"Good morning Missy" he said teasingly.

Not understanding anything, I looked towards mom who was now standing up to go get my plate.

"Wait wait I'll go get it" I say noticing her moving towards the kitchen.

"Beta itna mat kara karo. Shaadi kara di tumne poori, naashta to khaa lo iske haat se." Dad scolded in a comforting manner.
(Child, don't do so much work. You organized the entire wedding atleast let her fix you breakfast)

"Hnji. Thik hai" I laughed.
(Yes. Okay)

Mom brought my plate and me and Vedant starting talking about diffrent things while mom and dad talked about some more preparations needed.

Aadvik and Niya came in with hands full of bags of sweets.

"Tum kaha the dono? Itni der se call kar rahi thi mai pick up to kar liya karo" Mom upbraided the two.
(Where were you two? I've been calling you for so long atleast pick up)

"Mumma, I forgot my phone at home and Bhai's was on silent we saw your calls in the car a few minutes ago." Niya said laying the handful of bags in her hand on the kitchen counter.

"But tum gaye kaha the? Bata ke jaana chahiye baccho" Mom said, eyebrows still knit together with worry just like Aadvik's do.
(But where were you? You should tell me before going out)

"Mummy ji, subha subha mere paas caterers ki call aayi thi that the gift wale sweets were ready and needed to be picked up ASAP. Thier delivery guy was not in yet so I took Niya and went." Aadvik said holding on to Mom's shoulder blades like she needed support.
(Mom, early in the morning I got a call from the caterers saying that the gift sweets were ready)

"Okay okay good, now eat your breakfast." Mom ordered.

Both of them obeyed and came straight to the dining table.