16. Nowhere

The weekend came and Tay planned to disconnect with everyone for a day. He woke up very early and sent a quick message to his friends stating that he'll be busy. He turned off his phone and got ready to go out. Where will he go? He honestly doesn't know. Wherever his feet may lead him.

He walked towards the bus stop and stood there for a while contemplating whether he should go South or North. He decided to just ride the first bus that'll come, may it be towards North or South.

After standing for a while, and even fighting the sleepiness that is creeping in him, the bus finally came. Towards South it is.

He sat near the window side and watched as he slowly drifted away from the city that he lived in for almost half of his life. He decided that the first placed that'll pull him will be where he'll be for the whole day.

The sun hasn't risen and the sky outside is a shade of dark blue with a tint of pink.

Houses after houses, and finally, the sight of the sea welcomed him. How it seems so calm, yet deep. Just like me. How pretended to do so well but is urging to let this surging storm inside me.

After 30 minutes, the bus finally stopped, signalling that they've arrived at a certain town's bus stop. He glanced outside and contemplated if he should stay here or not. Maybe I should go farther?

But he just found himself standing up and proceeded to walk out of the bus. A rice field greeted him. It stretched even further and in the middle of the field is a road divided into two by a medium sized plant box with benches at each of the side. The road lead towards what seem like a nature park. What's even more breathtaking is beyond this view is even a more beautiful landscape for mountains after mountains can be seen, as a backdropped of this side of the town.

When he turned around, the sea greeted him. The sun is slowly peeking and attempting to already rise up. He crossed the road and walked towards the ocean. What a way to start my morning.

He removed his shows and slowly stood at the shore, just enough for the water to reach his feet. He closed his eyes and he let the wind dance around him, the coldness of the sea and ocean embraced him. When he opened his eyes, a part of the sun can finally be seen.

I never knew chasing the sunrise can be this beautiful.

He bathed with the sun's light and enjoyed the warmth, but also the coldness of it all. He walked around the shore for a bit, carrying his shoes with his hand, the other's taking photos of the place.

He remembered the benches and decided to sit there and enjoyed the view presented to him. Several scarecrows stood scattered around the field.

Time moves fast when you enjoy something. So, when he looked at his watch, it's already 5 past 8 AM. Time for breakfast. Should I eat or just have my brunch later on?

He stood up and walked around the town searching for a cafe, a restaurant, or any place that'll catch his attention and will settle to eat there.

He noticed a two storey building. A pharmacy is situated in front of it, and on the other side is a small bank. But what caught his attention is the small space between the two and a signboard of what seem like a cafeteria at the back part of the building. Odd.

He proceeded to go and check the cafe. He was amazed that he found this cafe that seemed hidden from the crowded streets of this town. It is separated into two glass walled room. The right space is where you'll order your food and across from it is where the customers will stay. He went inside and ordered his coffee paired with a his favorite mocha flavored cake and a truffle pancake.