Ninja Roll

"Skylor, Master of Amber, versus Jacob, Master of Sound. Fight! Fight!" The next day, the ninja were present at yet another fight. They hadn't been spared any time to worry about what had happened to Cole, instead being forced to keep pushing ahead. Onyx tapped her fingers on the railing in front of her, barely paying attention to the fight happening at the moment.

She was brought crashing out of her own head by Kai nearly knocking her over. Onyx gave him a warning look. "Sorry, all of these temples look the same. Did I miss anything?" Kai asked, taking a seat beside Jay, who rolled his eyes, glancing down at the other elemental masters, who were glaring at the fire ninja. "Ugh. But the looks of it, you didn't miss much," he snarked. Then he frowned. "Maybe we shouldn't be sitting together. I mean, the more they think we're a team, the bigger targets we put on ourselves," he suggested.

Lloyd shook his head. "Don't say that, we are a team. Sure, we just lost Cole and still can't find Zane, but we're a team. Just... smaller. All the more reason to stick together," he said, voice holding a slight edge. Onyx nodded. "We already have a target on our backs. There's no point in splitting up anyway." She looked at Ori, who was sitting next to her. "That means you stick close to me, too. It's too late to back out now," she said. Ori nodded. "I wasn't going to do that anyway," she said. Onyx gave her a grin before glancing back at the fight.

"Skylor's fighting?" Kai exclaimed suddenly, leaning forward to watch the fight intently. Garmadon raised an eyebrow. "What has him so excited?" He asked. Jay sighed. "He had a crush on her until he found out they might be related," he said, annoyance evident in his tone. Garmadon smirked, the way he did when he was privy to information that the others weren't. "Her element isn't Fire. She's the Master of Amber, power of absorption. She can emulate the power of anyone she's touched," he informed them. Onyx frowned. That could be a problem. She'd have to avoid Skylar in the future.

Kai's eyes lit up. "You're telling me we're not related?!" He exclaimed. "That's what 'her element isn't fire' means," Onyx said, watching Skylor throw a blast of lightning at Jacob, knocking him back. "Oh, boy. Here we go again," Jay muttered as Kai grinned widely. "Just don't let her distract you from the mission," Lloyd said.

Onyx watched Skylor guide the blind elemental master towards a back wall, where she goaded him into using his blowpipe to shoot at her. She dodged the projectiles, allowing them to puncture the paper behind her. Onyx wasn't quite sure what that did to Jacob, but he froze, shaking his head and glancing around nervously. As his milky eyes flicked around in confusion, Skylor took the opportunity to shatter a vase and pull a jadeblade from the shards.

"Yes! Go Skylor!" Kai exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air. Onyx clapped respectfully. "Winner! And loser," Chen called, pressing a button, the floor swallowing Jacob up. Then he looked at the rest of the masters. "I hope the Tournament of Elements has entertained you as much as it has me. To thank you, I wanted to give everyone fancy jewels and untold shiny things," he began, pulling out a box filled to the brim with jewels and gold. Onyx narrowed her eyes. She loved shiny things, but it was such an obvious bluff.

"But then, in yesterday's battle, Master Jay and Cole tried to undermine me by teaming up and refusing to fight each other. And that made me very upset. For their insubordination, all of your fancy quarters will be taken away, and tonight, everyone must sleep together in the chow house! That is all. Thank you, you can go," Chen finished. Onyx gritted her teeth as the other masters shot them hateful glares. Chen was trying to sow seeds of discontent, and he was succeeding.

Kai elbowed Jay. "Nice one, Jay!" He snapped. Jay threw his hands up. "Whoa, easy, Romeo," he said. Ori looked to Onyx. "What now?" She asked, referencing the way the other contestants were glaring resentfully at them. "Don't worry about them. We aren't here to make any more friends, just to save ours," Lloyd said. Onyx realized that if Ori hadn't been given the room above hers, then they wouldn't have ever met on good terms. "Yes, but your exclusion of others has only made enemies. Beware how you treat those around you, for they will treat you the same," Garmadon cautioned.