𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Magsimula sa umpisa

Later, Ivy was chopping some wood for the ongoing fire they had so that they could cook the food they catch and boil water when Bellamy came up to her. He pulled something out of his pocket, and she realized it was a gun. "I didn't know if you got one, and I wanted to make sure you did before they were all gone," he explained as he handed the weapon over to her.

"I can't use this," she responded as she examined the gun. She ran her finger along the barrel, really feeling it. She had held a gun only once before, a couple of weeks before.

He furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "Why not?"

"I've never shot a gun before," she answered, and she had been wondering for a while how so many people knew how to shoot so well. Where did they learn this? It wasn't like they had some training course on the Ark. Most of them had ever even seen a gun that was not in the hands of a guard. "I don't know how."

"You're telling me that probably the only person down here that can beat me up can't fire a gun?" he asked, and he laughed a little bit. She was so good in hand-to-hand combat, but she had never fired a gun. It was kind of ironic.

She did not know why he was so confused, considering he was a guard on the Ark. He knew that there were only certain people that were allowed to have guns, and he knew that she most likely was not one of those people. "When would I have ever learned how to use a gun?"

"...I don't know," he answered with a shrug. "You just do."

"I'm not sure if you're aware of this, Blake, but up on the Ark, they don't just go giving guns out to whoever wants them. If that happened, we would all be dead right now," she informed him. The people on the Ark were an angry and rash bunch. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that they were cooped up in the piece of metal of so long, so if everyone got a weapon, they would have wiped out the human race a long time ago.

"Fine," he sighed, and he took off his jacket and laid it on the stump the she was chopping wood on. She watched him with furrowed eyebrows. "I'll teach you."

She shook her head and tucked the weapon into her waistband just like he always had his. She did not like being taught stuff. It reminded her of school. "I can figure it out."

"You literally just said that you didn't know how." He held his hand for her to give him the gun, abut she remained stubborn. She did not like admitting that she could not do something. She would rather just figure it out herself than have someone teach her something that she was clueless about.

She scoffed, "Yeah, but you do it, so it can't be that hard."

"Will you shut up for, like, two seconds so I can help you?" She just did not say anything and pulled the gun out of her waistband. "There we go. Okay, first, take the safety off. That's that button right there." He told her as he made his way to stand behind her so that he could see what she was doing better. "Then, pull that back. Now, we aim."

"What am I aiming at?" she asked, and he searched around them for something that could be a good target for her. He did not want to pick something too easy, but they could not start with something too hard.

"See that branch of that tree?" he asked, pointing to a limb that was hanging down about a hundred feet away from them, and she nodded nervously. "Try to hit right in the middle of that."

She turned her head slightly to look at him like he was absolutely insane. She could barely even see the branch, so how the hell was she supposed to hit it with a bullet when she had never shot anything before. "That tiny, skinny branch?"

"Yeah, you can do it." She sighed and pointed the gun at the branch. "You wanna go up a little bit more," he instructed her, and she felt him approach her from behind. She inhaled deeply when he put his left hand on her waist and his right hand over hers on the gun. He slid her hand back a little, but all she could focus on was his warm breath fanning across her neck. She took a deep breath and shifted her mind back to the gun as he raised her arm a little higher. Finally, he muttered, "Fire."