↳˗ˏˋfourteenˊˎ˗ ↴

Start from the beginning

'courtney! i'd just like to say, your final project, that picture of your mother— extremely moving.' the brunettes art teacher, mrs.topper said. 'may be the best piece that i have seen all year!'

courtney smiled as she listened, 'at least that's what i told all of your art schools when i faxed them last monday.'

courtney's eyes widened with excitement, 'you're kidding.'

'i have spent four years trying to open you up, courtney satella,' the lady sighs, 'whatever's responsible for this change, don't let it go.'

courtney's wide smile turned into a softer one, who was responsible for opening her up?

justin and geoff were in the boys restroom, drinking shots and talking. geoff was looking at his phone as justin walked out of a stall.

'room number 213 is about to become a historical landmark.' the tan boy smiled as he fixed his hair in the mirror.

geoff chuckled, 'why, are you getting murdered there later?'

'no man,' justin lifted up his hand and brought his fingers together, 'i'm this close to getting the deal.'

'she's eating up every word i say.' the brunette smiled.

geoff laughed and shook his head, 'i don't know, justin. i feel a bet coming on.'

'but im gonna have to resist.' the blonde said quickly after, he knew bridgette would get his ass if he did, 'courtney satella isn't gonna give you any.'

justin shook his head, 'hey, man. tonight is the night.'

'hm, yeah right.'

'i shelled out 315 bucks for this room, tonight is definitely my night!' the model defensives.

geoff rolled his eyes, 'okay, justin.'

the two boys walked out of the bathroom.

a few seconds after noah walks out of a stall, eyes wide, 'what..' the brunette ran out of the restroom to find courtney.

the music stopped and everybody looked up to the stage, 'attention, emerson students. we are gonna start.' the principal, mr.mcclain says.

'i'll begin the presentation with the announcement of your 2023 prom king.' all the kids applauded.

'not a surprise here, duncan nelson!'

girls squealed and yelled as some boys booed and clapped.

'and now for your 2023 prom queen..' the whole crowd went silent as they waited for the answer.

'in the closest vote in the schools history— forty four to forty six percent.'

'your 2023 prom queen is..'

gwen was at the front of the crowd, crossing her fingers and whispering to herself, 'gwen ingrid, gwen ingrid, gwen ingrid, gwen ingrid.'

'gwen ingrid!'

the crowd applauded and woohoo'd as she walked up to the stage.

courtney sighed and looked around, smiling slightly. 'it should've been you up there.' bridgette said as she puts a hand on her shoulder. 'thanks.'

courtney looked up at the stage and shook her head, 'i think the right person won.'

'court!' a voice yelled from behind her.

she turned to justin, 'you wanna get out of here?' he asked.

'yeah.' she grabbed his hand and they walked through the crowd.