"I don't have anything to say. No one would listen anyway," I mumble into the pillow.

Oliver chuckles. "Your mother has been asking you a lot of questions today, Blake. You have just not been listening. You seem a bit off today. You were listening to Billie very closely though. I always loved your relationship with each other. Billie and Flynn have always been like sisters and you have always been the one watching over them."

I get my face out of the pillow and straighten up next to Oliver.

"I might have done something stupid, Oli."

"We all make mistakes, Blake. We just need to figure out how to make up for them."

I want to make up for hurting Billie -if I did hurt her by kissing Gemma- but I don't know how to. She doesn't look like she's as hurt as I think she is though. Normally she smiles at me throughout the dinner. Now she's just smiling at Flynn. But she does look happy.

"I don't know how to."

Oliver pats my shoulder and smiles. "You'll find a way, son."

I will. And if it takes years for me to get Billie smile at me again.

...

My phone vibrates.

The Coach put me on the bench cause apparently I wasn't focused enough to practice. When I saw Julien texting his mom angrily, talking about Chris, I kept seeing the puck as Chris' face.

It was pretty easy to hurl it then. It flew through the whole rink.

I frown at the name Biscuit that plops up on my screen. A small smile creeping itself on my lips anyway.

B: you at practice right now?

I look around if Coach is looking at me and take my phone. I stare at the message for another second. I don't know why she's texting me but I like it.

Bl: yes. why? something happened? you need to talk?

B: just asking
B: no
B: maybe. not sure though. i am confused.

I frown.

Getting off the bench I hear my Coach yelling my name. But I don't care. I tap on Billie's contact name and call her. She doesn't answer and I get nervous.

She never texts me. She doesn't even talk to me normally. And after what happened with Chris. After what she told me about what happened with Austin, what he did to her. I'm worried.

My hands get a little sweaty and I stare at her contact name. Right when I'm about to call her again her name and the two symbols -a red phone for denying the call and a green for accepting it- pop up my screen.

I click on the green one and hold the phone close to my ear, Billie's voice greeting my ears.

"This is so weird but I don't know what to do. My father just left and I don't know what to do. Did you know our stairs creak? I know our house I kind of an old build but creaking stairs? I always think someone is coming down. But no one's here. I-"

"Billie calm down. What happened? If you don't feel safe you can just go to mine. My mom should be home by now," I answer her, trying to calm her down.

It's not working.

"No. No, I won't leave the house. The electricity went down. It's dark. I have a flashlight though-"

Billie has always been terribly afraid of the dark.

"I'm on my way. Stay where you are."

— — —

Hi guys!

I don't know if you can actually do your driver's license at the age of 15. I know it's not possible in my country. But since the story would make no sense if Billie would have gotten her license later, let's just pretend it's possible.

I'm sorry for not publishing at all!

I feel like the book gets more and more random and there are al lot of plot holes. I hope you're still enjoying reading it.

For everyone who was excited to read 'The Games We Play' it will be up soon again. But since Wattpad was deleting random parts of it for some reason and I also didn't like how the first chapters turned out, I decided to delete it completely and start a second try. The story will be up sone again and the original idea and the main character's names will stay the same cause I already fell in love with them.

Thank you for all your patience and support. I would have never imagine people reading and liking my book and even asking me for new chapters!

<3