Book 1 | Authors' Note

Hello to new and returning readers alike: welcome to the adventure!

We are so excited to team up for this fantastic story and share it with you all. A Mischievous Tale of Magical Mayhem came about one night while we struggled in our current private projects.

A DM with the question: "Do you want to try a new story?" morphed into an epic adventure both in creative storytelling and tabletop gaming. We went in with two character sheets, some basic facts, and a generic starting zone. We also had a much more inappropriate title but opted for something accessible while still entertaining our readers with satire, humor, often disastrous dice rolls, and a lot of improv!

Though we write in two completely different genres separately, together, we wrote this story as one in what can only be described as an epic mind-meld. We were always on the same page, and every single moment between writing and chatting were among the best we've had in a long time. Collaborating on this project has been a wonderful experience and a dream come true.

We used a modified DND system for stats and only a D20 die to decide major decisions and interactions (and on occasion, a D4 for odds/evens). This story has been completed offline, and will be posted bi-weekly. And if you wonder about the bizarre situations our characters found ourselves in, blame the dice. That's what we did!

Please note: this is not a DnD fanfic, but homebrew content set in a unique world with original characters.

The cover and all maps are provided by Kaiddance, who utilized Bing AI for the cover art and InkArnate for the maps. 

We hope you enjoy this story and laugh (or cry) with us throughout the journey. All feedback and comments are welcome; we ask that you please be respectful to us and your fellow readers.

Happy questing!

-- @Kaiddance and @OwlieCat