The Get Away (Inuyasha X Kagome)

Kagome stood by the fire. The stars filled the night sky. It was a beautiful night. Yet, she couldn't help but worry. Earlier while setting up the camp Inuyasha found Kikyos scent. She knew he waited till everyone was asleep to go looking for her.

It hurt Kagome that he snuck away to go find her. A silent tear fell down her cheek she quickly wiped it away. 'Why did he have to be such...such..an..ASS! She thought to herself. All Kagome wants is for Inuyasha to be honest with her. She knew he couldn't love her but, that didn't matter to her. She loved Inuyasha, yes she admitted it. All Kagome wanted was for him to be honest with her.

She shifted uncomfortably trying not to wake Shippo who was on her lap. Sango was sleeping next to a small Kirara and, Mirku was sound asleep next to the fire. Kagome started to rub Shippo's head which put a pleasant smile on his face. That's when Kagome beard a twig snap. She jerked her head towards the sound and started to tense up.

"Inuyasha?" She asked into the darkness.

"Jess...Kagome..what are you still doing up," Inuyasha said while walking up to the camp fire. 'I could ask you the same thing' she thought to herself. He walked up to the fire and sat across from Kagome next to Mirku ' s sleeping body. There were a few moments of silence.

"Did you find her?" Kagome asked him. Inuyasha ' s eyes shot open and he just stared at her. She took that as a yes.

"Kagome...I-"

"Don't," Kagome cut him off. She didn't need his sympathy. In fact she didn't want it. He could go off with Kikyo and she wouldn't care. Why should she? He doesn't even care about her.

=============================

"Kagome...I-"

"Dont," Kagome cut him off. Inuyasha looked down at the fire. He tried to focus on the colors of the fire. He obviously hurt Kagome. It hurt him to know that he was the cause of her pain. Inuyasha could smell the salt water. He knew she had been crying, she couldn't hide that from.
FLASHBACK>>

Inuyasha waited till everyone was asleep. He didn't want them to try and stop him. It was something he really needed to do. Before realizing it Inuyasha was deep in the forest tracking Kikyo's scent.

Until earlier that day when he found her scent Inuyasha had completely forgotten about Kikyo. In fact never once did she cross his mind. The only one that he ever thought about was Kagome. She had taken up his mind completely not to mention his heart. It ached every time he was near her.

Inuyasha was deep in the forest and Kikyos scent had stopped at the spot he sat in. 'What now' he thought.

"Inuyasha?" He heard a familiar voice say. When he turned around Kikyo looked at him with a blank expression.

"K-Kikyo...," he said standing.

"Why have you come should you not be with your group?" She questioned.

"I came to see you....remember Kikyo how I told you I would go to hell for y-"

"Inuyasha, we both know I no longer hold your heart," she said placing a hand on his shoulder, "nor do you hold mine." Inuyasha stared into her eyes. "I do not have a heart Inuyasha. Nor do I need one. Once Nuraku is dead there is no reason for me to lenger around." She then pulled him in for a hug. They stood there for several minutes silently. "You came here because you are not sure whom you love?"

Inuyashas eyes shot open. It was true he knew he was in love with Kagome. Even so, he orginaly belived that he loved one person. Kikyo. Then when he woke up from that tree he realised he had fallen for someone else.

Inuyasha One-shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara