In B/W 5 (i)

Karachi

4:20 pm

"Faiza, beta ab tumhara bas pitna baki hai?" Ayesha had almost slipped with the tray of kheer in her hands when Faiza appeared in front of her all of a sudden. "let me give Fakhir this," she prompted to knock on his door.

"Arey Amma, he is sleeping and you are talking about kheer!" she rolled her eyes. "let the poor guy rest for some time na" and turned the knob back which her mother had opened.

"Achha...then I am keeping it in the fridge." Ayesha said. "anyway no one ate sweets after lunch we'll eat it after dinner or Faiza !" she called to her amid the self-talk.

"Haan Amma." Faiza who was checking inside the room whether all was okay there turned to her mother instantly.

"I am going to lie down for some time, if Fakhir wakes up and needs something, do help him please." Ayesha requested her while stepping down.

"Jee Amma...aap so jayen, I'll handle everything," she assured her and then rushed to her to take the tray of kheer bowls saying she wanted to have it and then walked her mother to her room, asking her if she needed anything to keep the roads clear for Fakhir and Annie.

Flashback

"vo sab to theek hai par mujhe kya milega?" Faiza was pouring herself water in the kitchen when Fakhir approached her to help.

"sab kuch badal gaya Faiza bus tumhare ilawa...bahut zaaalim ho bhai." Fakhir threw her a look of disgust.

"theek hai phir, aap jane aur aapki beghum... I'll also say badi amma or ammi you have gone out if they ask me about you." taking a big sip of her water Faiza took off her glasses.

"sahi hai bhai...achha, bolo kya chahiye, leta aaunga vapsi par." he asked.

"I'll send the list on WhatsApp," she smiled.

"Bhai...now bring me the car keys from Amma's room. Thankfully Rehman Saheb didn't park it inside otherwise..." he whispered the last part to himself.

"Jo hukum mere Aaka." Faiza nodded her head as if bowing to her idol and then walked silently to Sameena's room to grab the keys.

End of flashback

She knew stealing the keys was wrong but her heart was pure and so were Fakhir's intentions. She remembered the day and the days that followed after he was gone and she knew this was what Annie too wanted. Her sister wanted Fakhir and she could see the same in Fakhir's eye so she wanted this reunion to be special even if not grand they could always sprinkle some surprise element to make any moment magical.

But after six hours her sister was definitely not looking her best and she could at least warn her a little. She knew sometimes she went overboard but she just couldn't help it.

"Kaala...open it." Anaya pulled her shirt and she looked down to find Anaya trying to open a chocolate box Fakhir had brought for them.

"Baba to yaad nahi tumhe haan...but you have no qualms about the chocolates he brought, Smart girl!" Faiza commented before connecting her call to Annie and then taking a seat on her bed to entertain Anaya because Aiman had gone to help Fehmi Phupho with something.

*****

4:45 pm