╠22╣

The lion beastman was now annoyed by the fact that Asher was not fighting him when he could .

" My dear bird, you may pretend to have a strong and imposing aura, but it seems that your feeble wings are too delicate for a true battle. Perhaps one day you will find the courage to fly away from your cowardice and face a worthy opponent"
The lion beastman retorted just as respectfully .

Asher's eyebrow twitches and then it finally dawns to him , this guy was expecting him to fight him , that's what Asher initially planned until he forgot about it because the lion went on calling azura ugly .

" don't worry, I'll definitely fight you , how dare you call my female ugly! "
Asher rolled his eyes .

" if she is as beautiful as you claim her to be then why is she hiding ! "
The lion beastman rolled his eyes .

" I don't know what makes you think that she is hiding , it's just that she's too short and Curtis's height is towering her ."
Asher said pointing towards the red haired guy.

He thinks deeply for some moment as he and the tiger beastman look at Curtis, he thinks about talking first . Let's use brain over strength and see if the lion beastman's opinion about azura changes or not , asher was more pissed about him calling azura ugly rather than the fact that he just called Asher weak .

" so you're not interested in my female? "
Asher asked .

" no "
That's what Asher wanted to hear , he smirked .

" then there is no need for us to fight! "
Asher said and the lion guy just stared at him in disbelief. So he was wasting his time here , finally found a opponent strong enough for him and the opponent said that he doesn't want to fight.
Why ? Because he's not into the guy's female ?

How special was this female to have that red bird wrapped around her fingers anyway ?

" so , your opinion won't change even after I show you her face , or would it ? "
Asher asked .

" no "

" fine, I'll tell ask her to show her face and then we can part ways, we have no reason to fight anyway "
Asher said .

Let's see how fast his opinion about azura changes .
Asher took in a deep breath .

" AZURA , DARLING I CAN'T SEE YOU ! WHERE ARE YOU ? "
Asher yelled on the top of his lungs, azura upon hearing her name being mentioned , walked towards the edge of the sparring ground .

" I'M HERE ! "
Azura responded with the same intensity and smiled .

Everyone was looking at Asher and azura in disbelief.

What were they doing?

But when Asher's gaze shifted to the lion beastmean , he got the exact reaction he wanted to see and he knew it was happening. After all his female was way too fine , even for him to handle .

Totally flabbergasted and shook .

" so I guess you do still find her ugly , HE JUST SAID THAT HE'S NOT INTO-"

" I want her "
Those words came out of his lips before Asher was done with his words, his smirk widened.

Of course , it was azura we were talking about .

" but you said you didn't "

" I want her "

" but you said that she's ugly , my mate is really soft hearted , she might end up crying if she hears that "
Asher said .

" fuck it and fight me aldredy "

" but you said you didn't want her "
That's when the lion realized that Asher was just playing with him until now, he was going to fight him , that's what his intention was from the start , he was just trying to get him fired up and motivated to fight , his desire to fight was fuelled when he saw azura . Having her . What was it like ? To have her smile at him ? To have her respond to his words like she did to Asher? That loving and fondly gaze of hers, what if it was for him ?

" DARLING SMILE " Asher again shouted .

" look straight at her and tell me , is she ugly in any way "
Asher gritted his teeth but still had a straight face as he asked him to look at her . Yes , he was still offended . The lion shook his head .

Everyone had no idea and seeing Asher act this weirdly azura couldn't help but
Laugh .

" you see that female standing over there , she's only ours , not yours "
Asher started playing with words now and the lion shot him a glare .

The suddenly, it hit him , lions were the most territorial beings on the planet and Asher was taking advantage of it . The lion beastman laughs and says .

" you done testing me now? "
Asher was surprised but then laughed too .

" you see , what you felt right now was something I felt days ago "
Asher sighed and tilted his neck , ready to fight him .

" hmmm "
The lion beastman raised a brow .

" it's no fun fighting someone who isn't interested in the reward after all ! "
Asher smiled before he ambushed.

" sure , whatever floats your boat , but she's surely becoming mine "

Damien and the leopard king were surprised to see the scene unfolding in front of them, they saw Asher panting and his hands were bleeding . They were surprised to see that the lion beadtman alone caused more damage then the two of them combined .

The lion beastman too had some blood splashed on his robe but sadly the blood wasn't his .

" you're tough "
Asher said as he licked away the blood from his hand .

" I know "
The lion beastman said cockily .

Asher looked towards azura and his fellow guys .

Everyone except azura had nodded .

The lion beastman was looking at azura for her answer.

" yes "