010- Bear Traps

As soon as the group jumped out of the car, they were all ready to work. They brought in their traps and weapons and got to setting up the larger trap. Nancy and Jonathan went to screwing in all of the lights, while Teddy set up the bear trap in the back room, making sure it was tight and secure. Once those things were ready, it was time to fill the house with gasoline. Jonathan added nails to the bat, while the girls did this, and made sure that all of the lighters worked. And after just an hour, they were ready. They were going to kill this thing.

Nancy went into the kitchen and grabbed three knives for them. Standing in the living room together she went over the plan. "And remember-"

"Straight into Will's room."

"And don't step on the trap," Teddy finished for Jonathan.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move," Nancy said.

"Then-" Jonathan turned to Teddy who opened her lighter for half a second. "All right. You ready?"

"Ready," the girls say at the same time.

"On three," Jonathan says, "One..two..."

Teddy turned to see the fear in Nancy's eyes. "Nance, you don't have to."

"Teddy, stop talking."

"I'm just saying, you don't have to."

"Three!" Nancy says, and the three of them cut their hands. They were all in now, regardless if they wanted to be or not.

Nancy goes back to her bag, pulls out a roll of bandages, and begins to wrap up Teddy's hand. Once Teddy's is finished, Jonathan and Nancy wrap up each other's hand and Teddy stands guard as they all silently wait for the monster to make its way to them. Something outside creaks and Teddy grabs onto her gun tighter and looks over at Nancy and Jonathan. 

"Did you hear that?"

Jonathan shakes his head, "It was just the wind. My mom, she said the lights speak when it comes."

"Speak?" Teddy raises an eyebrow. "I may be a crackhead, but I don't think lights speak."

"Blink," Jonathan corrects himself. He looks back at Nancy. "Think of them as alarms."

Teddy turns back around and heads over to the window, trying to sneak a look in any crack that she can find without moving things around. It was quiet. Too quiet. 

Just as Teddy is finally able to find a crack, a loud banging comes from the door and she jumps up holding the gun up as if the person was about to barge their way in. 

"Jonathan?" Steve yells from the other side of the door. "Are you there man it's.. it's Steve? Listen I just wanna talk."

Teddy looks over at Nancy and just shrugs while whispering. "Just get him out of here."

"Steve."

"Nancy, what?"

"You need to leave," Nancy says, keeping the door only partially open enough that she can stick her head out.

"I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" Steve tries to assure her.

"I don't care about that. You need to leave."

"No no no. Listen I messed up, okay?" Steve stammers. "I messed up. I messed up. Okay? Really Please. I just want to make things right. Okay? Please. Please... hey what happened to your hand."

"Nancy, you really need to get him out of here!" Teddy yells, her nerves spiking as she clenches the gun tighter. She did not have a good feeling about Steve being as they were in the midst of trying to lure a monster that sure as hell was gonna eat them alive if they were not prepared.