005- Barb

Teddy's dad had still not made it back home, which began to worry the girl. With the disappearance of Will, things seemed to be getting very bad in Hawkins, and with her dad being the chief of police he would be in the middle of it all. So instead of waiting for her friends to pick her up, Teddy grabbed her old bike from the garage and began to make her way to the police station. When she arrived her father was nowhere to be seen. 

"Hello, Miss. Dorothea," the secretary smiled at the girl. "What can I help you with today?"

"I was looking for my father, he hasn't been home, and I was just afraid-"

The secretary stopped the girl, standing up to smile at her. "Your father is fine. He's just been a bit busy dealing with the whole Byers situation. Now shouldn't you be in school?"

Teddy sighed, looking down, "Yes, I just-"

Before Teddy could speak again, the secretary motioned one of the police over and told them to drive her to school. Not having any real reason to fight them on this, she got in the car and sat silently as she headed to school. By the time she got there, it was already third period. 

At least the worst classes are over with,  Teddy thought to herself. 

That was until moments later, two more police officers came into the school asking for her presence in the cafeteria. Nancy was also there, with her mother. The two of them left just as Teddy was entering. This must be about Barb. She hadn't seen the girl in a couple of days, not that she had been looking. But she hadn't been in her English class yesterday, which was odd for a girl who had never missed school. 

"What's going on?" Teddy asked as she took a seat across from the two officers. 

"We just had a couple of questions," one of the men started. "We know you spend a lot of time at the Harrington's so we were wondering if you had been there on Tuesday night?"

"Of course. I was there with Cleo Harrington."

"And did you see Barb there that night?"

Teddy shrugged, "Yes."

"And did she seem off?" the officers asked. 

"I mean I don't really know her, but as far as I'm aware the way she acted that day is the same way she always acts." 

"And did you see her leave?"

"No," Teddy answered. "She had gone to the bathroom, and that's when Steve had thrown me into the pool. I had gotten out and changed before she made her way out. After that Cleo and I just blasted music like we always do."

"So you didn't hear anything about Nancy and Steve?"

Teddy raised, an eyebrow leaning on her elbows, "What does that have to do with what we are talking about?"

"Well, we think she might have left because she was jealous-"

"Let me stop you there, no one should ever be jealous nor want to be with Steve Harrington. So you are completely off base."

The man wrote something on a piece of paper before looking back at the girl. "You can go then. We have no further questions."

Teddy grabbed her bag and headed straight for the door. She didn't even fake leaving to go to class, she went straight for the double doors that led to the parking lot, grabbed her bike, and headed straight to Nancy's house.  Not only was it a great excuse to get out of school, but Teddy wanted to know what the heck was going on. Was Barb missing just like Will? Did she need to be just as concerned as Lane had been yesterday? Things were getting weird, and Teddy would do all she could to piece it all together.