"I don't play fair, Red," I whispered devilishly. Even though her real name was Ruby I would call as 'Red' I believed its suits her better. "I always play to win. Let me show you how."

I claimed her mouth in a hot ardent kiss I'd been dying to do since I found her a few days ago. I put my hands between her lovely face to keep her where I want her. I kissed her deeply trying to coax her in doing the same. Finally, I felt her surrender when her arms snaked around my neck and drew herself more closely towards me. Our lips tangled together as my tongue dance with hers. I could feel the blood roared in my veins and a certain part of my anatomy springs to life with a supreme effort I broke off the kiss.

"We have to stop, mi amor," I told her with ragged breath, trying to calm myself, or I would attack her right now. "Or let me finish this in my bedroom. I think we will both enjoy it, my lovely wife."

"That's not going to happen!" She glared at me hotly before she turned back continued to stir the pan on the burner.

"Are you sure about that?" I taunted, knowing too well she hated it when she was being baited. Trying not to look in my direction anymore.

"Yes!"

I smiled at the conviction I heard in her voice. She put up again the walls that separate me from the real Ruby St. Clair. But I could demolish those walls again. I managed to achieve that before it would be easy this time. I knew how to melt her in my arms. Kissing her cheek playfully I said. "We'll see, love."

Ruby St. Clair's POV

I almost groaned when I heard the determination in Roman's voice when I told him that I would not fall in his bed again. For one thing, I just made it his personal goal to haul me back to his bed again. Roman Vasquez likes challenges-and I, who loves to defy everyone's expectations, made me his vulnerable prey.

I recalled my last conversation with my grandfather last night and how I landed into this mess...

"Hello?" I said over my mobile phone when someone called me. Though the number was unknown I answered it without hesitation.

"Ruby," The familiar voice sounded on the other line. "It's me, your Granddad."

I couldn't help but smile upon hearing his voice. I haven't visited him at his official residence in Hamptons since I arrived I would do that after I sort my problems here in the city. The last time I saw him was at the charity ball he hosted. "This is a surprise, Granddad. How did you know my number? I'm sorry I haven't visited you yet but soon I promise it's just I quite busy these days."

I heard him laughed on the other line. "That's okay, my child. I know you are busy catching up with your sisters. How are you faring with your life back at your birthplace, dear?"

I smiled thoughtfully. If not for the small predicament I have now with a certain Spanish billionaire everything was perfect. "I'm fine, Granddad."

"The other reason why I call you is that since I believed you are staying here in New York for good. I want to give you a position at the St. Clair Diamonds as a PR representative of our company. Are you okay with that?"

I made a face. Amethyst was right. Granddad wants me to work for him as the rest of my sisters. But the diamond industry was not for me. Like I said I don't want to be surrounded by precious stones throughout the day. I want the bustling life in the kitchen. My answer might sadden my grandfather but I want to be honest with him. "I'm sorry, Granddad. But I will have to turn down your offer. I don't want to work at the St. Clair Diamonds. I want to follow my true passion and that's cooking."

"Oh?" Was that triumph I heard in my grandfather's voice just now? "That's sad news. Anyway, I want you to enjoy your work whatever it is. That leaves me I have a favor to ask instead if that okay with you Ruby?" My Granddad asked smoothly.

"What favor?" I asked suspiciously. I don't think I like the way this conversation leads. My instinct told me that this could lead to trouble. I hope not...

"Since you refused to work in our company and you said your passion is cooking and I know that you graduated in France as a chef with flying color. You see, I have a new business associate that I want to impress." He explained offhandedly. "I thought you might cook for him while he was staying in town. I happened told him that I knew a fabulous chef in Manhattan."

"Him?" I asked worriedly, I knew this could lead me to trouble. But I trust my grandfather I knew he would not let me be in such danger. "A man?"

"Yes. But don't worry, my dear." My grandfather reassured me casually. "I heard he's already married."

"Oh." I have nothing against being a personal chef of certain someone. And Granddad asked me for this favor and I want to help him. I knew his pride wouldn't let him stoop low in asking his granddaughter for help. He's such a proud man. He must be really desperate.

"So, are you going to do it?" Granddad inquired hopefully on the other line. "Don't worry. I'll pay you for it."

I laughed the way my grandfather sounded on the other line. He's like a child who couldn't wait to hear my answer. "Okay, I'll do it. When do I need to start?"

"Tomorrow, if that's okay?" I frowned at my grandfather's voice. This time I was certain that was a triumph in his voice. But why? What would he achieve if I agree to become someone's personal chef while he's in town?

"Okay, then," I answered with a sigh. I guessed the only way to find out was to report from work tomorrow morning.

"Thank you, my girl. That man is important to me. He is the answer to my prayers."

"I'm glad for you," I replied dryly. I couldn't imagine what kind of man would be the answer to Daniel St. Clair's prayer. I listened carefully as he recites the address of the man's penthouse address.

Now I knew what kind of man he was-he was my freaking secret husband! Now I was more certain that my kept secrets were in danger more than ever because Granddad joined the battlefield!