Wait.

Zaid said softly. Mubashira want limp stopping her body from moving backwards. Zaid placed pillows behind Mubashira,s back to make her feel comfortable.

Ab chalo.

Zaid placed his hand behind and Mubashira leaned backwards resting her head against the backrest.

Comfortable?

He asked gently, his eyes filled with boundless concern. Mubashira nodded her head in positive. She made a face feeling a bitter taste filling her mouth.

Kya hua?

He asked, his hand reaching out to cradle her cheek. When he pulled back, worry etched across his features, his eyes searching hers.

You are running a fever.

Zaid said, worry lacing his voice as his eyes searched hers with concern evident in their depths.

Mubashira gulped feeling unusually warm and ran a hand though the soft locks of her hair.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes, not wanting to show her vulnerable side as she spoke

Doesn't matter.

Zaid looked at her for a moment then he reached out to hold her shoulders, their eyes meeting as he said, his voice laced with care which he had hidden behind a thin mask of irritation

It does matter.

His words caught her off guard. Her breath hitching in her chest as she looked into his eyes.

Zaid averted his eyes and moved back. He stood up properly and walked towards the door. Holding the doorknob, as he was about to twist it, he stopped and said without turning, his voice holding a warning.

Don't you dare move

With that he left leaving a stunned Mubashira behind.

After a few minutes, Zaid entered the room pushing a trolley.

He looked at the bed and their eyes met.

Muh kholo.

Zaid said softly.

Huh!!!

Mubashira looked at him statled, her heart skipping a beat.

Bukhar check kerna hai.

Zaid said softly.

Zaid iski koi zaroorat nahin hai.

Mubashira said gently trying to dismiss his worries.

Main pooch nahin raha hoon bata raha hoon.

Zaid said firmly, his husky voice sending a shiver down her spine and she opened her mouth.

A while later

Seriously MJ.

Zaid exclaimed looking at her, his eyes filled with disbelief.

103!!!

Zaid gasped showing her the thermometer.

Itna zyada nahin hai.

Mubashira said looking at him.

Zaid looked at her for a moment before letting out a sarcastic smile.

Haan zaroor yeh toh bahot kam hai.

Zaid said sarcastically smiling.

Mubashira looked at him. Shock flickering across her features.

Zaid are you okay?

Mubashira asked, her shock pulpable. Her hand reached out to touch his forehead.

Main theek hoon MJ.

Zaid said holding her hand. He sighed. Mubashira looked at him gasping. Her heart quickening it's pace.

Tumhein kya ho gaya hai? Tum aise....

She trailed off not being able to form a sentence. His new side had left her speechless.

He understood her inner turmoil and let out a gentle smile. He reached out, holding her hands.

Aisa samjho akal aa gayi hai.

Zaid said softly. Leaving her hands to hang aimlessly, he reached up, his hands cradled her face gently, stroking her cheeks with tenderness.

Samjhi?

He asked gently. His eyes crinkling at the corners as he smiled tenderly.

Now have it.

Zaid said forwarding a spoonful of soup towards her lips.

Mubashira looked at him.

Mujhe nahin khana.

She said with a soft shake of her head.

Zaid smiled softly. A flicker of tenderness evident in his eyes.

Khana toh padega. Jaldi theek bhi toh hona hai na.

Zaid said softly. His eyes brimming with tenderness.

I know but mere muh ka taste kharab hai abhi. Sab kadwa lag raha hai.

Mubashira spoke in a drowsy state.

Zaid smiled gently. A wave of tenderness flooded through his heart as he looked at her understanding her state of mind. At this moment, he saw the small MJ, a child who used to create a fuss whenever she got ill and refused to have food and how Zaid used to place chocolates with her food with a sticky note attached to them. The little girl had always thought that it was her mother who used to send her chocolates.

He came out of the memory lane and smiled shaking his head sideways.

Okay pehle khana khao phir jab tun dawai le logi na khane ke baad toh main chocolate doonga tumhe.

Zaid said softly, a gentle smile playing on his lips as his eyes shined with unshed tears.

Pakka?

She asked extending her pinky finger towards him.

Pakka.

Zaid said with a soft smile, interlocking their pinky fingers.

End Of Chapter!!!

Important:

Isse pehle ke log mujhe criticize karen I wanna tell them a few things.

1st point: jab hum bimar hote hain toh hum thoda different behave kerte hain. Kuch log tolerate ker lete hain and kuch log nahin ker sakte.

Point 2: I understand that MJ is a very strong Character but that doesn't mean that she can't be vulnerable or weak

3: The childhood memories are created by me as I'm unavailing Mubashira,s character so it's necessary to show her shades. A person can't be strong always.

I'm very nervous pata nahin end pe kya hoga aaj last episode hai so I'm writing chapters over chapters to calm myself.

Agar show ka end happy hua then I'll be the happiest and if happy end na hua

*Fingers crossed* toh yeh ff toh hai hi. I'll give my ZaiRa Fanfictions a happy ending.

Here's the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️❤️