Of x Faded x Memories - The x Entrance x Exam

As the entrance exam date rapidly approached, Killua prepared more heavily for it. He more thoroughly read through all the books about quirks and learned about the biology of it all. People with two joints in their pinky toes are always quirkless which could prove troublesome if he ever breaks his foot. He knew he wouldn't but now that's one extra thing to worry about. Another thing that he learned through this is that people with mutation quirks often have extra bones inside what it is that their mutation is. And that their entire biology is different to accommodate for extra appendages.

In the previous months, he did his best to fake his expression in front of Shigeru to convince him that he was training hard and occasionally showed him his studious side

He grew more certain about his information about this world and that Shigeru had bought his act and soon the day he had been waiting for arrived.

That morning, Shigeru had gotten up early to prepare food for Shiro. Over the last few months, he had gotten to know his new 'brother's' tastes pretty well. He loved chocolate and everything sweet. One particular incident he remembered was when he made chocolate pancakes for the silver-haired boy, he had completely devoured them and left no trace of them ever being there. He immediately asked for more and Shigeru complied, never before seeing the boy so excited about something. He grew to care for the kid and now almost considered him family.

As Killua ran downstairs he could smell the chocolate in the air, and he sped over to where Shigeru stood, flipping some pancakes meant for him. "Oh, you're awake?" Killua's mouth watered at the sight but realized he had to maintain his composure "I smelt it." Shigeru gave him a wide smile "They're almost ready so sit down." he complied and as Shigeru finished the meal he decided to speak to Killua "Today's a big day, so I decided to make your favorite. It'll make you as prepared as possible as you can be." he began to dish it out and Killua was genuinely grateful for his food. "Thank you!"

He brought the dish over and Killua crammed it all into his mouth. As he finished up and got ready to go Shigeru had one last thing to say to him "One last thing. Be careful... and good luck Shiro." Killua put his head down and gave his best smile "Thanks.."

Line break!

He finally got to the building he had been studying to get into for months. It was a challenge but he couldn't let himself be distracted from his goal. The entire reason he had come here was so that he could figure out how to get back home, not to play 'hero'. Still, he had to fake his enthusiasm for it, if someone figured out what he was truly here for, he would get threatened to high hell and he couldn't have that. He looked around and noticed all the applicants heading towards one entrance to the side so he followed. He noticed there was a big line there. Probably checking them to make sure they actually signed up for the exam. He waited for 5 minutes but he realized this was probably going to take a while, so he decided to scout the competition.

Several people in the line-up stood out to him when he used Gyo in comparison to the others. One was a blond dude who seemed to have a lot of energy in his fists. Another he could tell immediately was an electricity user. His aura radiated what Killua's looked like when in godspeed mode. He's probably gonna pass. Other's auras just seemed stronger to him in general and he could tell based on general aura which ones seemed confident they were going to get in.

He went through several others noting their overall strength before there was only one person in front of him left. He readied himself and after he heard the 'come' he had been waiting for, he came in. A man with white hair greeted him. He was very big and Killua guessed he had to be some kind of hero. Killua said a small 'yo' before they got to the meat of the conversation. "What's your name, quirk, and age?"