Let This Be A Sign

Overtime Sanemi and Giyuu's relationships never grew in fact it stayed the same. They wouldn't talk to interact unless they were stuck with each other. Sanemi would try his hardest to come to a conclusion of what Giyuu's movement meant. Sanemi still wanted to figure him out even after finding out that he let a demon live. He wanted to know more about Giyuu's world.

So he decided to ask for help, he asked Obanai but Obanai didn't care and started to trash talk Giyuu, he was no help to Sanemi. So he went to the next best thing. Someone that knows Giyuu, someone that tries to talk to him. And has known him for a while and might know what it meant. Shinobu Kocho.

He walked to her estate and barged into her office. She was eating at her desk. "Can I help you?" She said in an annoyed muffled tone. "If someone does this, what does it mean?" He pointed to his ear and nodded no. She sighed and place her half eaten sandwich. "It means they can't hear, most likely deaf. Who made that sign?" She asked turning her chair towards him.

"Would one not be able to speak properly if they are deaf?" Sanemi asked. "Yes, they don't know how to control their voice. So often times ones that are deaf won't use their voice to speak, they learn to speak through their hands, it is called sign languag-where are you going?" Sanemi left the room before Shinobu could finish. He went to find Giyuu.

He ran down the stairs of Shinobu's mansion and then ran down a hall, but not paying attention he bumped into someone. That person fell and grabbed onto him to avoid hitting the ground but since Sanemi was not paying attention he got dragged down to.

Sanemi opened his eyes and looked down at the person he was looking for. "Tomioka." He said. Giyuu looked up at him. "I was looking for you." Sanemi said.

Giyuu raised his hand and pushed Sanemi off of him, Sanemi backed up and sat on the ground, Giyuu sat up and looked at Sanemi. "I didn't know what this meant." He pointed to his ear and nodded no. "But I do now. You are deaf?" Sanemi asked. Giyuu nodded yes. Sanemi stood up and reached his hand out to Giyuu and helped him off the ground. "How long for?" Sanemi asked. Giyuu held up 10 fingers. "10 years?" Sanemi assumed since Giyuu could not use his voice. Giyuu nodded. They walked outside together and kept walking around and communicating the best they could.

Sanemi would ask questions and Giyuu would try his best to answer. They sat under a tree and continued to talk. Giyuu even showed Sanemi some sign language. "How do you communicate with your crow then?" Sanemi asked. Giyuu reached into his pocket and pulled out a whistle, not the same he gave to the woman a few years ago, he hid it away for safe keeping. It was a new one. He placed it in between his lips and blew into it. The noise was a high pitch but eventually Kanzaburo came flying down landing on Giyuu's knee. Giyuu reached his hand out a pet his head. Sanemi watched how they interacted. Giyuu snapped to Kanzaburo to grab his attention and he started to sign. "Say hello to Shinazugawa." Giyuu signed. Kanzaburo cawed. "Hello Shinazugawa." Kanzaburo said out loud. Sanemi was a little shocked. "Hello, what is your name?" Sanemi asked. "What is your name?" Giyuu signed. Kanzaburo cawed. "Kanzaburo!" Sanemi chuckled. "He is smart." Sanemi said as he reached his hand out to pet his head. Giyuu nodded and started to sign to Kanzaburo.

"Please tell Shinazugawa, that you learned very quickly on how to understand me."  Giyuu signed, Kanzaburo cawed. "I learned very quickly on how to understand Giyuu."  Kanzaburo said. Sanemi hummed. They spent an hour talking through Kanzaburo, then Giyuu let him leave to go rest at home.

"Can I learn more?" Sanemi asked. Giyuu nodded. To communicate with him better he took Sanemi's hand and started to trace letters out on his palm.

"I...w..i..l..l...b..e..h..a..p...p..y...t...o...t..e..a...c...h...y...o...u..." Sanemi mumbled each letter out loud, he knew basical letters and how to form basic sentences but when it came to complex writing he didn't try saying it made his head hurt. So he is know what Giyuu spelt out for him. "I'd like that." Sanemi said looking into Giyuu's eyes. He like Giyuu's eyes they were probably the only color he could see. Everything was black and white but if a shade of blue was dark enough he could see it, it stood out. And Giyuu's eyes stood out to him. They were pretty.

A crow flew down and landed on Sanemi's leg. It cawed. "Head West!" Sanemi's smile dropped and he rolled his eyes looking at his crow, it was ruining the moment.

Sanemi looked at Giyuu, "I gotta go, I have a mission." Sanemi said slowly so Giyuu could understand him. Giyuu nodded and let go of Sanemi's hand.

Sanemi left Giyuu under that tree and went to complete his mission he was gone for two days and when he returned he was walking to his estate when he stopped hearing Uzui chuckle. He looked up seeing he was talking to Giyuu through sign language.

See this he felt something. He felt a feeling in his bones. He was jealous. He wanted to talk to Giyuu like Uzui was. So he stormed away to one person he thought might know something. "Kocho! I need to learn sign language!" Sanemi yelled while slamming her door open. She turned around and threw a book at the wall next to him. "Knock you asshole. But why do you need to learn it? You don't even want to learn to read or write." Shinobu said glaring into his soul. 

"Because I wanna speak with someone that has difficulties communicating. Now will you help me or not?" Sanemi asked. "Who is this mystery person?" Shinobu asked. "No one, not my business to tell you." Sanemi said. Shinobu rolled her eyes, "Sorry Shinazugawa, I can't help you with sign language, I'm afraid I don't know much to get you far." Shinobu said. Sanemi groaned and walked out of the room.

He left the butterfly mansion and wondered what to do. It wasn't like there was a sparkling giraffe who was using sign language to talk with Giyuu only a few moments before. Then it clicked suddenly in his mind, that there was a sparkling giraffe who was using sign language to speak with Giyuu only a few moments ago.

He got up and walked around looking for Uzui. "You think a sparkling giraffe would be easy to find." Sanemi mumbled to himself. He stopped and looked around. Then he felt something poking his side, or someone. He turned around and it was Giyuu. "Shit." Sanemi thought to himself.

"Hey Tomioka." Sanemi said. Giyuu was gonna start signing but stop remembering Sanemi doesn't know sign language, he raised a finger up, telling Sanemi to give him a sec and he pulled out a whistle, he blew into it and Kanzaburo came flying down and landed on Giyuu's shoulder.

Giyuu started to sign. "Ask Shinazugawa how is mission was."

Kanzaburo cawed, "How was your mission, Shinazugawa?" Sanemi smiled hearing him ask. "It was good, nothing to hard for me to handle." Sanemi said. Giyuu nodded and started to sign again. "Ask him what he is looking for." Giyuu signed.

"What are you looking for?" Kanzaburo cawed. "I was looking to Uzui." Sanemi said, he rubbed the back of his neck. "To ask how to learn sign language." Sanemi said, Giyuu's eyes lit up. "Why?" Giyuu signed and Kanzaburo spoke it.

"To talk with you." Sanemi said, he didn't know he was admitting this all. "Can I teach you?" Giyuu signed and Kanzaburo repeated it. Sanemi nodded yes, and they started to talk for hours, some might find it weird considering they were talking for hours with no words. But they didn't need words to have a conversation with each other, they were figuring it out all on their own.

A few months would pass and their conversations without words would continue to flourish.

End of part 3 of Let This Be a Sign.