08. Elijah

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

      Avery has been keeping her eyes on everyone worldwide for a long time. Long enough that she has lost track of time and her mental state, Elijah and Klaus rarely sleep, so Avery can only talk to Sheila, who is always with Bonnie and the rest of the Bennett line. All that goes through Avery's head is that her family is going through worse shit every single day, and she can do nothing but watch.

      Now, she can do nothing but watch again as she sits beside Elena in a car. Elena is unconscious in the backseat, and some random dude is driving this car with a hood and glasses on. When Katherine was dealt with, Avery cheered and hollered as if it were her favorite TV show, with popcorn and soda at her disposal. Yet, when Elena was knocked unconscious by some random dude and then passed over to another, Avery found her cheering to cease existence.

      Avery watched as the guy arrived at his destination and got out to put Elena inside this massive abandoned house. Avery discovered he was a vampire when he refused to touch the sun and sped inside the house to escape any possible sunlight. Avery groaned as, once again, Elena was dealing with more supernatural bullshit.

      "You gotta be kidding me."

      After a while, Elena finally woke up, and Avery sighed with relief. She followed after the guy carrying her into a room. She plopped down on the couch just as the guy laid Elena down, causing Elena to pass through Avery like she always does.

      "Uh, hello? I am sitting right here. Asshole." Avery grumbled, standing up and passing through the guy to sit somewhere else. Avery learned long ago that she can't pass through walls and other objects, just people.

      Avery watched as the random vampire guy untied Elena and attempted to bite into her, making Avery not like the guy very much. She was thankful when a female's voice cut into the picture and stopped the man, named Trevor, from drinking her sister's blood. Just for the lady to slap her sister unconscious.

      "Okay, I know she is annoying, but you didn't have to knock her out."

      Avery whistled, moving to follow the lady. Seeing how Elena was asleep, she knew the best way to get information was to follow the vampire lady.

      "Rose. I'm sorry. I'm just really... starving." Trevor apologized.

      "You can't just go biting her. We need her for our plan to work."

      "What if it doesn't? And you can't say that after just hitting her."

      "She wouldn't shut up. Now, watch over her. I'm going to contact someone."

      After a while, Avery watched Elena wake up with Trevor and Rose talking in the background. She recognized the name Elijah, and her heart skipped a beat in fear.