Chapter 1

The radio station in my car blasted out loud the news and what other interesting news the news anchor thought people would listen to. The sun was high in the sky, shining bright on the road ahead and on everything else. Cars zipped pasted me as I drove down the highway towards downtown. With one hand on the wheel, I changed the station to MTV Music and it loudly sounded out a pop song. I rolled my window down a crack and began singing along with the music. My blonde hair gently being pulled back by the wind and my green eyes focused on the road ahead of me. As I got closer to downtown, the traffic got a little bad as people were coming into shop and hang out due to the weekend and upcoming summer holidays. Even though traffic was a bit slow, it seemed to go by quickly and I managed to get through in a few minutes. As I continued towards downtown, I could see glimpses of the ocean as I passed by from the highway. People were on were on the beach, surfing, swimming or even playing in the sand. The sun high in the sky shining brightly on the sand and there were a few clouds in the sky, just gently floating along. Once I reached downtown, I went straight towards the mall parking garage before heading into the mall where I was to met with my friends to do a little shopping. The mall was a brick building with a large Macey sign on one side with a sear's sign next to it. There was a small courtyard just outside the entrance to the mall.

Once inside, I saw my friends Molly and Violet waiting in the food court with a large box of fries and a couple of drinks. Molly had long black hair that went down to her waist and wore a white shirt and blue shorts with red shoes. She had a few bracelets on her left arm. Her blue eyes looked down at the box of fries and picked up a fry and ate it. Violet had red hair and green eyes and wore a blue striped dress that went down to her ankles and had a denim jacket around her waist. She had a gold heart shaped necklace around her neck. Her red hair was short and curled and went just past her ears. She took a sip of her drink right when I walked up to them and said "Hey. Sorry for the wait. There was a bit of traffic."

"No worries. We got here not to long ago but didn't have any lunch yet so we got fries and soda." Molly said.

"Want to sit the rest of the fries with us before we go walk around?" Violet chimes in.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I am a bit hungry myself anyways." I say before sitting down next to Violet and taking a fry and eating it. We chatted for a bit while finishing the fries and soda and then got up to throw our garbage away before we started walking around the mall, deciding on where we wanted to shop first at.

We started at a clothing store and looked at the different sizes and prices of clothing we liked before trying them on in the dressing rooms. Once we tried each item on, we picked out the ones we liked the best before buying them and heading out back into the rest of the mall. We then looked around the mall, going to different stores, looking at different things and buying maybe a few more items before we all decided we had enough and made our way back to the parking garage where we parked our cars. By this point, the sun was starting to set in the sky and the stars were just beginning to shine and come out. Lights from the buildings began shining or turning off as the work day for some was off while others were just beginning. People still walked around downtown, going out to dinner or trying to find something else to do while here.

Molly and Violet had parked a ways ahead of me on another level and had asked if I wanted to come hang out at the cove later since Benny was having a party down there and everyone was invited. I agreed since I knew Greg would want to go and would want me to come along. We then parted ways and I got into my car and locked it. But just then I got a text from Greg. It read:

Hey, Lexi. I heard that Benny is having a party at the cove later tonight. Want to go?

I replied back saying: