King of The Narrow Sea

116, At Court 

No one POV 

Daemon walked in the throne room while Rhaenrya stood in the crowd and Viserys was sitting on the throne. 

Daemon was wearing his own crown of bones and driftwood. As he reaches the base of the throne. Ser Harrold pointed his sword at him.

Daemon dropped the war hammer and said "Add it to the chair. "

Viserys said " You wear a crown. Do you also call yourself "King"? " and Daemon said "Once we smashed the Triarchy, they named me "King of the Narrow Sea." But I know that there is only one true king, Your Grace. "

He bowed and took off his crown and said "My crown and the Stepstones... are yours."

Viserys said " Where is Lord Corlys? " and Daemon said "He sailed home to Driftmark."

Viserys said" Who holds the Stepstones?" and Daemon said "The tides... the crabs, and 2,000 dead Triarchy corsairs, staked to the sand to warn those who might follow. "

Viserys held out his hand and said "Rise. "

Viserys said " The realm owes you a great debt, brother. Come. "

They hugged.

Everyone clapped.

In the Godswood 

Viserys was talking to Daemon as Alicent stood nearby as Rhaenrya walked up and Viserys said "This is our chance... Daemon, he would venture off, abroad, winning tournaments... No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I will not revisit this debate. You were always mother's favorite. "

Daemon said "No" and Viserys said " it's no great mystery. You were. Our mother, she had no regard for custom or tradition, rules. And I, sadly, was no great warrior. "

Rhaenrya said "Congratulations on your victory. "

Alicent looked at her and Daemon said "Thank you, Princess. "

Alicent said "Perhaps Prince Daemon would care for a tour of the gallery? He hasn't yet seen the new tapestries gifted to you by Norvos and Qohor. " 

Viserys said "Oh. Would you like to see the tapestries? " and they both laughed and Viserys said " He has no interest in such things." 

Rhaenrya said " I'd like to see them. " 

Viserys said "Then you should not deprive yourself." 

Rhaenrya said " I shall enjoy them alone. " 

Viserys said " More wine. As I said, you were the favorite. No, you were. You were. I insist." 

They laughed and Rhaenrya and Alicent sat down and Alicent said "  I surmise the tour did not go well." 

Rhaenrya said " I endured it for as long as I could. " 

Alicent said "To have every young knight and lord in the Seven Kingdoms fawning over you...What misery. It is rare for girls in this realm to get a choice between two suitors, no less two score of them. " 

Rhaenrya said "Those men and boys don't fawn over me. They only want my name and my Valyrian blood for their offspring." 

Alicent said " I think it's rather romantic. " 

Rhaenrya said "How romantic it must be to get imprisoned in a castle and made to squeeze out heirs. " 

Alicent looked up with a somber look and Rhaenrya grabbed her hand and said "Sorry.  How angry is he? ". 

Alicent said "The King went through great effort to arrange your tour. He is... frustrated. But I am glad you are home. I find I have few friends lately. I like to believe I'm still the Lady Alicent, but... all anyone sees when they look at me now is "The Queen." "